aat level 2 pass = ?, level 3 pass = , level 4 pass =??

topcattopcat Trusted RegularPosts: 452Registered Users
Hi ,

Just wondering when you complete level 2 /certificate what does this make you/qualify you for if anything? Same with level 3/diploma and then level 4?

Thank you for any help :-)

Comments

• wbauk2002wbauk2002 Well-Known Posts: 110Registered Users
    Hi

There are various little qualifications you get from doing each module, it does tell you in the study guide in the fron of your study books, but each level just advances on the previous level, til you qualify in level 4 then you are an accounting technician

Hope this helps
  • topcattopcat Trusted Regular Posts: 452Registered Users
    wbauk2002 wrote: »
    Hi

There are various little qualifications you get from doing each module, it does tell you in the study guide in the fron of your study books, but each level just advances on the previous level, til you qualify in level 4 then you are an accounting technician

Hope this helps

Thank you this does help :thumbup1:

is a accouting technician the same as a "accountant" appolgies if this is a stupid question
  • wbauk2002wbauk2002 Well-Known Posts: 110Registered Users
    It's an accounting qualification, but you can't do as much as a full accountant, you need a aca acca or cima, which you can do after aat and get exemptions
  • topcattopcat Trusted Regular Posts: 452Registered Users
    wbauk2002 wrote: »
    It's an accounting qualification, but you can't do as much as a full accountant, you need a aca acca or cima, which you can do after aat and get exemptions

thank you will look into this further soon
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Posts: 387Registered Users
    Just wanted to clarify what I think you mean for others. You are technically called an 'Accounting Technician' but in effect you are an accountant, this is more defined by your experience than anything. There are many people on here who are AAT qualified and would call themselves (quite rightly) accountants. I think what you mean is that AAT qualified can not do as much as a Certified Accountant..which if I remember rightly (and please correct me if I'm wrong) only allows you to complete an audit (as something extra to AAT). If you wish to be a member in practice, then you need no more than the AAT and a boat load of experience in the areas you wish to go into, any other qualification i.e ACCA can actually be more of a hindrance than anything as you need to jump through a lot more hoops to get a practising license.

There are many posts on this forum about 'accounting technician vs Accountant'. Remember that Accountant is not a protected term, anyone can call themselves an accountant, whether they are AAT, ACCA or with no qualification at all.

Hope that helps.