Which payroll software should I pick?

Trina B
Trina B Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hi everyone.

I am a student member but undertake payroll admin for a charity using the hmrc online to calculate tax and NI. We are about to take on our 10th employee so can no longer use this free tool. We use Excel for other bookkeeping activity. I have started researching payroll software and a quick Google search has highlighted 12pay, moneysoft or Brightpay.

Can anybody give me some advice about using these software tools, which one you consider to be the best or whether there is a better alternative? I'm a little sceptical about using what initially appears to be free software although being a not for profit service provider i need to keep costs down. We will be transferring to our chosen software mid year so the one that allows an easy transition would be appreciated!

Any advice would be appreciated as I have until the January payroll date to get this sorted!

Comments

• Aidanger
    Aidanger Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Trina!

I work for BrightPay and as you've seen we offer the software for free if you have three employees or under. Our standard licence version seems to be the one for you then. We're a very trustworthy company and any customers we have have good feedback for us.

Our website provides straightforward detail about our product and you can pick up the phone to call us! Do you have a charity number? If you do, it's free! We're on http://www.brightpay.co.uk/

Hope this helps.

Aidan
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Trina B wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I am a student member but undertake payroll admin for a charity using the hmrc online to calculate tax and NI. We are about to take on our 10th employee so can no longer use this free tool. We use Excel for other bookkeeping activity. I have started researching payroll software and a quick Google search has highlighted 12pay, moneysoft or Brightpay.

Can anybody give me some advice about using these software tools, which one you consider to be the best or whether there is a better alternative? I'm a little sceptical about using what initially appears to be free software although being a not for profit service provider i need to keep costs down. We will be transferring to our chosen software mid year so the one that allows an easy transition would be appreciated!

Any advice would be appreciated as I have until the January payroll date to get this sorted!

I started using money soft earlier this year (mid way) and the transition was very easy. Although I have never done payroll I found moneysoft very easy to use. However it costs around £120/year (I'm not sure how much it costs for charities).

I've heard of 12pay and apparently it is cheaper and easier to use (compared to moneysoft).

Probably best to download free versions of them all and see which one you like.
  • AbhGok
    AbhGok Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Trina B,

I am working with Eilisys - Payroll solution provider firm for any sizes of business and accounting professionals. It is flexible to customize with any business, easy to use and efficient in working.

And good news for you is that - It's a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the service. Just see once and lets decide.

For detailed information visit here::: > Payroll Software
  • Prajakta
    Prajakta Registered Posts: 2
    Hi Trina,

I would suggest you Pocket HCM, it is cost-effective, web based HR Payroll Management Software which offers various features like Time & Attendance Management Software, Employee Self Management portal, Leave Tracking software, etc.
  • shamil91
    shamil91 Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi there,

Please see the link it is directly from HMRC to help people find the right payroll software.

https://www.gov.uk/payroll-software/free-software

Kind regards

Shamil Karia
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,
    I use payroll manager by money soft. It is a very good program.
  • kelsmick
    kelsmick Registered Posts: 89
    I use brightpay and have no issues with it, the support is also really helpful and quick as well!
    www.essencebookkeeping.co.uk
Privacy Policy