Ask your question

Options
AAT
AAT Administrator, Tutor Posts: 102 ๐Ÿค– Admin ๐Ÿค–
Got a question about one of the topics covered in this AAT forum?

Add a comment and we'll either answer it ourselves, or enlist someone from the AAT community to share their knowledge and experience.

Comments

• cachaldecott
    cachaldecott Registered Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a degree in Accountancy and Finance, would completing level 4 be beneficial for me? Especially if I wanted to do small business accounts from home?
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi @cachaldecott

We think so. Youโ€™d be able to get through the units quickly given your previous qualification. Becoming a full member of AAT (MAAT) demonstrates to your employers your dedication to the industry and could improve your employability. You could also become a Member in Practice and become self-employed.

Your degree might also entitle you to exemptions from certain parts of our qualification, allowing you to complete it even quicker.

If your degree is with one of our partner universities, you could bypass studying completely and progress straight to full membership.

That being said, we realise studying the entire qualification isnโ€™t for everyone, especially those that have already spent several years studying. Did you know we offer other qualifications that are smaller, bitesize and would complement a small business owner like yourself? Have a read here, we offer courses in everything from bookkeeping to computerised accounting.

Try out our qualification navigator. This is an online tool which asks you a series of questions based on your personal circumstances and highlights the best AAT qualifications for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Christian
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi @lcscitymakers

All of our qualifications โ€“ whether it's the core qualification or our bitesize courses mentioned in the post above โ€“ will improve and better your understanding of finance.

Obviously, this would be a skill valuable in any industry, including real estate. Why not try out our qualification navigator to see which qualification would be best for you?

Regards

Christian
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • davetee101
    davetee101 Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    I have completed AAT level 2 and need an income as I'm still unable to find employment. I'm considering doing bookkeeping for sole traders, but not payroll. I have some work experience using Xero, for a couple of limited companies.

I've also been talking to Xero and discussing their partner programme, including Xero Certification.

Am I qualified to go ahead and do this? I understand any clients would still need to get a sign off from an accountant at their year end. I assume I would just need to furnish them with the correct reports e.g. expenditure, trial balance, profit & loss, plus the client's receipts, statements, etc.

Any advice welcome - thanks
Privacy Policy