Home Learning College (AVOID!)

Options
Mattbryan
Mattbryan Registered Posts: 1
Hi All,

Just want to inform you about my recent and ongoing saga with Home learning college.

I used Home learning college for levels 2 & 3 and whilst not a great experience it was also not a bad one either, I came to sign up for level 4 with them and was told that I could continue on the course with the same support as before and the same extras included.

However 1 1/2 months later my AAT membership was due and despite them including this in the cost for 2 & 3 and confirming that the package I enrolled on has the same benefits they refused to cover the cost of this.

I told them that I would like to cancel the course on the basis that I had not started the studying nor booked any exams as I felt the product had been mis-sold to myself.

I would also like to point out I contacted them as soon as I found about this situation the same day.

They were incredibly unhelpful and offered me absolutely nothing in the way of support or advice and I now seem to be stuck in a contract which has been mis-sold to myself.

So please be aware before signing up to Home learning college that they will hit you with hidden costs and the customer service which took over a week to respond is incredibly unhelpful

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• leption
    leption Registered Posts: 36
    Options
    Yes the same thing happened to me, I wanted to cancel the course and they would not do it. They were charging me over £1000 for level 2 and this was in 2008. I found out that i could get it a lot cheaper else where but they would not cancel it. I stopped the direct debit. They kept ringing,phoning and witting to me I ignored all their correspondence, eventually they stopped. They are disgusting. So be WARE everyone.
  • ShortASSET
    ShortASSET Registered Posts: 21
    Options
    I do my study with them and what so ever I have nothing to complaint about. I checked other providers a lot cheaper for sure. But there is a little confusing. Example for level 2-3 I paid around £2800 I believe. Which includes all the exam fees, books for both levels and the AAT registration fee twice and the Home Learning College membership fee. So over all compared to others which are asking for £320-650 you don`t get the exam fees paid , the books , the support and the environment. Plus usually you have to paid them off at once. I`m not saying that is the best deal but better than nothing. How ever I can`t complaint yet, I am going hard but moving closer to finish the course.
  • kelsmick
    kelsmick Registered Posts: 89
    Options
    I did my level 3 with home learning college and i was under the impression that i had paid for both level 3 & 4 - given the cost was high it seemed the right price for two levels when you compared it to other providers however when i passed my level 3 and was ready to start my level 4 i called to request the level 4 study material to which they informed me i had only paid for level 3! and the level 4 would be another cost, which was more than double that other providers where charging, when i explained that i was under the impression i had paid for two levels they were less than helpful! i found for value for money of what i paid for the level 3 was just not worth it, given i paid nearly 2k I found as soon as they got your money you didn't matter, they never called to check how progress was going, infact as soon as i had paid apart from returning marked assessments I didn't hear from them once. I went with them as they said they had regular webnairs for study help etc however the whole time i did my course there was only a few which wasn't applicable to the topic i was studying.
    www.essencebookkeeping.co.uk
  • ShortASSET
    ShortASSET Registered Posts: 21
    Options
    kelsmick said:

I did my level 3 with home learning college and i was under the impression that i had paid for both level 3 & 4 - given the cost was high it seemed the right price for two levels when you compared it to other providers however when i passed my level 3 and was ready to start my level 4 i called to request the level 4 study material to which they informed me i had only paid for level 3! and the level 4 would be another cost, which was more than double that other providers where charging, when i explained that i was under the impression i had paid for two levels they were less than helpful! i found for value for money of what i paid for the level 3 was just not worth it, given i paid nearly 2k I found as soon as they got your money you didn't matter, they never called to check how progress was going, infact as soon as i had paid apart from returning marked assessments I didn't hear from them once. I went with them as they said they had regular webnairs for study help etc however the whole time i did my course there was only a few which wasn't applicable to the topic i was studying.

kelsmick said:

Sorry to hear that you haven`t earned any good experience with Home Learning College just as many other people I know. I am soon completing my level 3 and soon move to level 4. Well I asked them and looked around the cost of the level 4. Truly many provider have cheaper (lower) prices but, there is no paid exam fees or many times study materials or AAT membership fees. So there is the catch in it. Home Learning College do offer the level 4 with distance learning option at a cost of 1600 pounds. So level 3 and 4 cost around 3800 pounds if I remember good but could be 4200 pounds. Not exactly sure about but something like that. Now my level 2-3 cost me at least 2800 but I think was 3200 pounds. Actually I am pretty sure could be even more 3400 maybe.
  • LornaS
    LornaS Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    I had a bad experience with them and I didn't even get to the studying stage. I made an enquiry with them and then a couple of weeks later I advised that I had decided not to go ahead. Well, the amount of phone calls and e mails I got was absurd. I called them and politely asked them to stop which they said they would. They needless to say did not. It got so ridiculous that in the end I threatened to report them for harassment. That did the trick (after a couple of more weeks)

What did they achieve by annoying me so much I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole!
Privacy Policy