Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Site maintenance, Tuesday 30 September - Thursday 2 October

We’re carrying out some maintenance work on the AAT discussion forums (forums.aat.org.uk) on Tuesday 30 September 2014, and this is now likely to run into Thursday 2 October. What this means for you:

- You will still be able to search the site and access all threads as normal.
- New users won’t be able to register for an account.
- You won’t be able to post new threads or reply to existing threads.
- This will have no effect on the AAT website (aat.org.uk).

You should be able to post to the forums as normal (and new users should be able to register) by the evening of Thursday 2 October.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime, and thanks for your patience.

Stuart Waterman
AAT Online Community Manager
See more
See less
Congratulations to those who have passed exams Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to those who have passed exams

I passed my final technician stage central.<BR>This may sound a bit cheesey, but to anyone finding the AAT a slog, I implore you to just keep going. The december exam that I took was a re-take so it has taken me 3.5 years to get through the course. It is a lot more difficult then people think but you must keep going as it becomes easier with hard work. <BR>Gaining AAT will not change your life, but it will open many new doors of opportunity and a sense of achievment. Most importantly, the AAT makes you feel more professional and allows a forum for career development and skills. Those without AAT tend to be regarded as glorified admin staff rather then PQ accountants with a wealth of experience and job skills.<BR><BR>remember, no pain no game...if you are struggling, a few more hours study and it will all fall into place

Congratulations to those who have passed exams

Hi Fergus,<BR><BR>I agree with you. I have taken 3.5 years too and have just passed my last tech. central. I can`t wait to get my certificate and to become MAAT. I think after resitting as well I noiw appreciate the whole thing more than had I passed everything first time. <BR>Well done on passing yourself and good luck in the future. I am going to move on to ACCA now.<BR><BR>regards,<BR><BR>Sarah<BR>

Comment

Hi, <BR><BR>Thank you so very much for your post, it is nice to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. i have completed (nearly) my foundation, passed the exam in Dec and feel sometimes like im getting nowhere and that continuing to study isnt worth my while.<BR><BR><BR>you are a star for showing that it can open doors, so thank you again!<BR><BR><BR>

Comment

Many congrats to all those that have passed their exams.<BR>To everyone else keep going it'll be worth it !!!<BR>I only wish I had done this years ago when I was a bit younger.

Comment

Fergus,<BR><BR><br><br><< <i>I passed my final technician stage central.</i> >><br><br><BR><BR>Allow me to provide you with a belated congratulations! I'm due to finish my Foundation level mid-March after successfully passing the December exam after a mild panic through the exam because I stupidly forget to deduct the VAT from a stationery posting and wondered why my TB [Trial Balance] did not balance. After removing the spittle from my chin and rousing myself on a throughly miserable December morning (more pertinently, the thought of being branded a 'failure' by my colleagues after weeks of casual bragging on my part, drove me on to resolve the error) I spotted my error, rectified it then swaggered out of the exam. Yet, you've passed your Technician stage! Go you!<BR><BR><br><br><< <i>This may sound a bit cheesey, but to anyone finding the AAT a slog, I implore you to just keep going.</i> >><br><br><BR><BR>This may sound brash but so far the Foundation hasn't been terribly arduous. However, I acknowledge that things will soon change in the Intermediate and Technician stage, especially given that the time-frame for AAT at the FTC London is: Foundation 6 months, Intermediate 9 months and Technician 6 months, due to finish Jun/Jul 2005. Hmmm .. think I will need to call my tutor tomorrow and confirm whether the Technician really is being squeezed in a 6 month slot or being run concurrently with the Intermediate stage.<BR><BR><br><br><< <i>Gaining AAT will not change your life, but it will open many new doors of opportunity and a sense of achievment.</i> >><br><br><BR><BR>I must admit at first when deliberating whether to sit AAT or plow straight into CIMA/ACCA I initially thought that AAT would be far too basic. After speaking to some colleagues who have completed ACCA, I realised that I do not have the dedication or commitment to complete either CIMA or ACCA at the present moment. Also, having a non-related finance degree meant that I preferred to get a grounding before deciding upon CIMA or ACCA. So far I have not regretted my decision and my Finance Manager and colleagues have fully encouraged me in my studies and just love me providing quick fire quizzes on 'actuals' and the P&L account [profit & loss]. <BR><BR>This, of course, worries me because I ought to be involved in the normal office chitter chatter concerning Jordan's performance on 'I'm a celebrity - get me out of here!'. Actually, if truth be told, the main reason why my 'enthusiasm' for wishing to delve in more perturbs me (photocopying articles on IFRS for my colleagues) is because did you ever see Accountants pull at university? No, neither did I. But once again, I digress ..<BR><BR><br><br><< <i>remember, no pain no game...if you are struggling, a few more hours study and it will all fall into place</i> >><br><br><BR><BR>I definitely need to get my act together and really focus and apply myself for the Intermediate level because whilst I've relatively breezed through Foundation, I know that things are going to become a lot more tougher. In fact, throughout my academic life the sure-fire way to success is, as we all know, study i.e. develop a practical study routine from writing up one's notes, reading up for next week's class and revising topics ahead, as well as completing the homework.<BR><BR>I talk a good game with a swaggering confidence but really must deliver by focusing for Intermediate. Which is kinda hard when you've just purchased Seasons 1-3 of BTVS [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] :P<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Concerned Viewer

Comment

Working...
          X