X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accounts Assistant V Assistant Accountant

Looking for a new job and not really sure what I should be looking for.<BR><BR>Whats the difference between an accounts assistant & an assistant accountant.

Accounts Assistant V Assistant Accountant

About £5k a year!!! (Ha ha)<BR>Actually I am an assistant accountant - it is a bigger responsibility, reporting to management rather than the normal day to day tasks. With the more money comes the responsibility.<BR>Good luck,

Comment

Hi,<BR>I would take accounts assistant to mean someone working in a finance office assisting the finance director/company accountant doing jobs like reconciliations, purchase ledger etc who may or may not be training towards becoming a qualified accountant.<BR>I would take assistant accountant to mean someone working in an accounting practice who is actually receiving training or in a training program to become an accountant.<BR>I might be wrong but that's my take on it!

Comment

Hi<BR><BR>Its just titles! I worked in companies where they have Assistant Accountants and other companies where people of the same level/standard/job role are called Accounts Assistants!<BR><BR>Ive seen an agency job advertising for a Cost Accountant but the salary is not particularly inpressive and seems to just be a cost processing position.<BR><BR>Neil

Comment

Hi,<BR><BR>I always thought that an 'accounts assistant' just did general accounting admin work within a team whereas an 'assistant accountant' actually assisted the accountant.<BR><BR>But I could be wrong<BR><BR>Nicola

Comment

Working...
          X