Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Site maintenance, Tuesday 30 September - Wednesday 1 October

We’re carrying out some maintenance work on the AAT discussion forums (forums.aat.org.uk) on Tuesday 30 September 2014, and this is now likely to run into Wednesday 1 October. What this means for you:

- You will still be able to search the site and access all threads as normal.
- New users won’t be able to register for an account.
- You won’t be able to post new threads or reply to existing threads.
- This will have no effect on the AAT website (aat.org.uk).

You should be able to post to the forums as normal (and new users should be able to register) by the evening of Wednesday 1 October.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime, and thanks for your patience.

Stuart Waterman
AAT Online Community Manager
See more
See less
What is the Pass Mark Needed Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Pass Mark Needed

Does anyone know what the pass mark is for Finance exam? Also dows anyone know what marks are allocated to the questions?<BR><BR>Apparenlty the tutors get a copy of the exam the day after you sit them. I will be seeing my tutor tommorrow.

What is the Pass Mark Needed

pass mark is 50% on each of the 2 parts of the exam

Comment

Everyone will tell you a different percentage for the pass mark. If you read through some of the previous replies on here it seems to range from 50% to 80%!<BR><BR>I was always told that there was no set pass rate - they assess your paper on overall competence, that's why they won't apply marks to individual tasks.<BR><BR>This could of course be wrong as well, I'm only telling you what my tutor told me!<BR><BR>If there was a set pass mark, I think it would be mentioned somewhere on the AAT site. It isn't, which therefore backs up the theory that there is no set mark, and it is more to do with overall competence - however that is evaluated!<BR><BR>Lynn

Comment

Is it really 50% each part?... how you know that? is the pass mark 70% overall paper?<BR><BR>Can you go onto the next level if you have to resit exams, and do you have to do both if you pass one but fail the other?

Comment

My tutor told me yesterday that competance depends on how hard the question is. If it is easy there will be a high level of competance and a higher mark needed for that question and vice versa. So each question is marked separatly on that basis. This doesn't mean that if you stuff one question up you are doomed though as it calculates over the whole paper.<BR><BR>Sounds like it makes sense more or less - clear as mud!!!<BR><BR>Tori

Comment

As a distance learner I have been informed I need to aim for AT LEAST 75% - 80% and that I need to pass BOTH sections of the paper at this mark. I just hope it is really a little lower and if I aim for 75% and get 70% I still pass!

Comment

I am with Lynn on this one, there is no set pass rate it is all about the level of compentcy which is set.<BR><BR>On the paper for FRA last year they lowered the compentcy rate as they thought from feedback that the paper was a little to long, where as on ECR they highered it. If you type in pass rates in the search facility you can read all about it, although from what I have been told sections are completly seperate and you have to show a level of compentcy in each section.<BR><BR>Also they go from feedback from students of the exams as well from what I gather.

Comment

We've been told that we can do the next level if our tutor thinks we are capable and we resit the exams we failed. He said if you attend college regularly and have shown competance in the assessments during the year he will accept us for the technician level. I suppose every college is different.

Comment

Working...
                X