Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACCA in Australia

Hi All....

I am half way through my ACCA, basically due to exemptions from doing AAT.

Me and my partner would like to eventually move to Australia, he already has family over there (Aunty).

I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about this, and how their accounting qual be it, AAT, ACCA, ACA or CIMA, helped them find a job ?!

Thanks

Amy

I am interested in this too, Ive had a little look round but cant find much as I want to move onto cima

Me and my girlfriend are thinking of going to oz for a year on a years work permit for some work and life experience and help us raise a deposit for a house

The wages are crazy good, no reccession over there, I had a little mooch on google.com.au for job, straight away found an accounts assistant $45,000 salary which is around 28,000 and rises very steeply with qualifications.

Comment

I have looked at this as I am moving to Australia in July this year. I'm not even AAT qualified yet, but when I was looking at this I found that if you are a member of one of the chartered accounting associations over here you will be able to join one if the accounting associations in Australia. CA is one of them but I can't remember the other. If you do a google search you should find something about the accounting bodies over there. Once you've done this then getting a job should be pretty much the same as over here.

I can't really give much advice on whether you can use your qualification to get a visa though as I'm going on a spouse visa which is completely different. If you want more advice about this try posting on the Poms in Oz forum (easily found through google). They are quite a helpful bunch on there.

Nicola

Comment

I went to Oz on holiday for 3 weeks last year with my family to see my sister and every since we came home we have been looking into ways of appling for a visa to get over there.
        Hopefully will be starting my Lvl 3 AAT this september.but dont know how to go about getting out there, I think Ill try posting on the Oz foums to see if it helps.

Tracey

Comment

Thank you Nicola for the link, I hope the move goes well for you.

And its great to know that its not just me who wants to do this but is also in same position regarding work!

I have been advised to finish ACCA and then go for it, as i will pick up more skills points and have more experience!...I will be about 21/22 when I qualify so theres still time!

Thanks Again!

Comment

Apparently ACA is more recognised and Australia have their own version of ACA (think it's just CA). EG you get many exemptions but with ACCA you actually get none.

However ACCA is still recognised for professional accountant status when moving (re for your visa). You will find many posts about ACCA's status in Australia on google.

Comment

Working...
            X