Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACCA student membership & Self Employment

Hi guys.

Quick question.

I know under ACCA student rules you canít offer self employed Accounts work whilst studying ACCA.

As I understand it you need to be employed? Is there any stipulations on who the employer is? Do they need to be registered with ACCA etc?

Thanks.

Not as far as I am aware! My employer is ACA qualified and AFAIK isn't registered with ACCA at all, other than as my workplace mentor, which I have nominated him as, for signing off my work experience.

It's not like studying ACA where you have to work for an approved employer. As long as you can get relevant work experience, I don't think they care who you work for, they just don't want to let you loose on your own SE clients yet! I remember a previous discussion on here as to whether whomever signs off your work experience has to be CCAB qualified, and IIRC the outcome was ACCA like them to be but it's not compulsory.

Comment

Thanks.

My thinking is that I want to offer my services back to my old employer, however I'm in full time employment in London and they're based in Glasgow. So I was thinking working through my mum's business (also offering accounts prep etc) and being paid through that way.

Comment

Working...
      X