Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Site maintenance, Tuesday 30 September - Thursday 2 October

We’re carrying out some maintenance work on the AAT discussion forums (forums.aat.org.uk) on Tuesday 30 September 2014, and this is now likely to run into Thursday 2 October. What this means for you:

- You will still be able to search the site and access all threads as normal.
- New users won’t be able to register for an account.
- You won’t be able to post new threads or reply to existing threads.
- This will have no effect on the AAT website (aat.org.uk).

You should be able to post to the forums as normal (and new users should be able to register) by the evening of Thursday 2 October.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime, and thanks for your patience.

Stuart Waterman
AAT Online Community Manager
See more
See less
HMRC Agent - need to change address Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMRC Agent - need to change address

I am finally moving house and in the process of changing my address.

I have just tried to change all my HMRC agent codes on the government gateway and the only one that has an option to change my address is Corporation Tax.

I don't understand why this isn't standard and now I have to write letters and make calls. I know it isn't a big thing but so annoying.

Can you not just go to your details and amend?

Comment

We had to write to amend it but it then amended everywhere except PAYE where we had to write to each tax office!!!
      Bluewednesday

Comment

we wrote to the CAAT team quoting our agent codes
        There are 2 rules for being a successful accountant. 1. Don't tell them everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by T.C. View Post
          Can you not just go to your details and amend?
          only on ct nothing else gives you the option!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
            only on ct nothing else gives you the option!
            This is correct.

I can't remember which ones are which, but I think CT and self assessment can be changed one way, but VAT and PAYE have to be changed another way (writing a letter I think, and the others can be changed in the online portal). I had to go through this recently and it's a complete pain.
            Professional Tea Consumption Technician
            ___

Hi Monsoon

methinks you should write a book
            ^^ I am

How do I know what to charge? [/b] (+other MIP blog posts)

MIP Fees Survey Results

Comment

Laughable really isn't it ? In this day and age when HMRC are pushing for everything to be submitted online, you still have to SEND A LETTER for something as basic as this.

I had to do the same a few months back and it beggers belief really.

Still, take a deep breath.........
              It is not length of life but depth of life.

Comment

Changed address a year ago. vat still sends agent codes to my clients with my old address. I wrote to agent maintainer to different hmrc offices and still. The most painful was PAYE .
                It is unbelievable. It should work like this : you change and address in CH and it is changed automatically in all tax offices. But it does not work like this at all.

Comment

I did this a year ago and they are still sending PAYE clients my home address details even though I have an office now.

HMRC are now telling me I should just be able to change my address online, even though I have repeatably been told I need to write to the tax office concerned. I have done this 3 times with no evident change to my details!

Double rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                  X