Announcement Announcement Module

Site maintenance, Tuesday 30 September - Thursday 2 October

We’re carrying out some maintenance work on the AAT discussion forums ( on Tuesday 30 September 2014, and this is now likely to run into Thursday 2 October. What this means for you:

- You will still be able to search the site and access all threads as normal.
- New users won’t be able to register for an account.
- You won’t be able to post new threads or reply to existing threads.
- This will have no effect on the AAT website (

You should be able to post to the forums as normal (and new users should be able to register) by the evening of Thursday 2 October.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime, and thanks for your patience.

Stuart Waterman
AAT Online Community Manager
See more
See less
HMRC Agent - need to change address Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HMRC Agent - need to change address

    I am finally moving house and in the process of changing my address.

    I have just tried to change all my HMRC agent codes on the government gateway and the only one that has an option to change my address is Corporation Tax.

    I don't understand why this isn't standard and now I have to write letters and make calls. I know it isn't a big thing but so annoying.

  • #2
    Can you not just go to your details and amend?


    • #3
      We had to write to amend it but it then amended everywhere except PAYE where we had to write to each tax office!!!


      • #4
        we wrote to the CAAT team quoting our agent codes
        There are 2 rules for being a successful accountant. 1. Don't tell them everything you know.


        • #5
          Originally posted by T.C. View Post
          Can you not just go to your details and amend?
          only on ct nothing else gives you the option!


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rachel View Post
            only on ct nothing else gives you the option!
            This is correct.

            I can't remember which ones are which, but I think CT and self assessment can be changed one way, but VAT and PAYE have to be changed another way (writing a letter I think, and the others can be changed in the online portal). I had to go through this recently and it's a complete pain.
            Professional Tea Consumption Technician

            Hi Monsoon

            methinks you should write a book
            ^^ I am

            How do I know what to charge? [/b] (+other MIP blog posts)

            MIP Fees Survey Results


            • #7
              Laughable really isn't it ? In this day and age when HMRC are pushing for everything to be submitted online, you still have to SEND A LETTER for something as basic as this.

              I had to do the same a few months back and it beggers belief really.

              Still, take a deep breath.........
              It is not length of life but depth of life.


              • #8
                Changed address a year ago. vat still sends agent codes to my clients with my old address. I wrote to agent maintainer to different hmrc offices and still. The most painful was PAYE .
                It is unbelievable. It should work like this : you change and address in CH and it is changed automatically in all tax offices. But it does not work like this at all.


                • #9
                  I did this a year ago and they are still sending PAYE clients my home address details even though I have an office now.

                  HMRC are now telling me I should just be able to change my address online, even though I have repeatably been told I need to write to the tax office concerned. I have done this 3 times with no evident change to my details!

                  Double rubbish.