X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the Scots gone?

I check this section regularly and have not seen any members lurking, where have you all gone?

I'll talk to you if you like - I'm lurking in England - but was born in Glasgow, raised in Africa (returned briefly early 70s and went to Holyrood School) - returned to UK finally in 2001 - is that any good? I'm just usually a bit too busy to log in too often.
    Promise only what you can deliver .... then deliver far more than you promised
    Spread Joy! Chase your wildest dreams x

Comment

I'm still here but not so much now!
      Scottish and Proud
      Dont live amongst Sheep (they're in the next field)

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance.

Comment

Costs & Revenues L3 exam tonight (dreading it) - worked til 10pm last night and from 7 til 10.30 this morning (well, it's my bread & butter so can't forsake it entirely for schooling) so I can have the rest of the day free! Yay! Am now consuming a Hot bowl of purrich (:-)) to feed my brain before the studying starts in earnest!

Perhaps all the other Scots have passed their exams already? Scots werhay!

Comment

It's Burns Night tonight so that is a good omen for all Scots!

Good Luck with your Exam let us know how it goes. It was called ECR when I did it a couple of years ago. I have difficulty knowing which Exams people are sitting now as it has all changed in the past year. I see a lot on the Forum about WEAF but have no idea what that is! lol
          Scottish and Proud

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance.

Comment

I'd forgotten it was Burns Night! It WAS a good Omen! I Passed - but it sure wasn't easy. I had to think & work really hard for it. If you check the Chichester College Wed 6-9pm threads it's all on there.

WEAF - looks and sounds like something rude hahaha ..
            Work Effectively in Accounting and Finance
            You will develop an understanding of how to work within the accounting/payroll environment and of what is expected at this level. You will develop an insight into how your role interacts with others and how you are expected to communicate within the business with effective results.

Thank you so much to everybody for their good wishes and support - I wouldn't have managed it without a World Class Tutor though - Sandy Hood Rocks!

Now I have earned my week off visiting both my sisters in Kinross & Edinburgh during half term :-)

Comment

Well Done and enjoy your time off its well deserved!

P.S Sandy Hood is great I agree. He helped me and a lot of others on here while studying.
              Scottish and Proud

Comment

I have some cheek, ask the question where all the Scots have gone and then don't log back in for ages. Nice to see there are still a few floating around in the background.

Sandy Hood is good at helping us on the forum and Steve Collings. I can't thank the 2 of them enough for all their help. I finally sit my last exam on the 15th of February, Personal Tax.

Comment

Originally posted by PAMDILL View Post
                  I have some cheek, ask the question where all the Scots have gone and then don't log back in for ages. Nice to see there are still a few floating around in the background.

Sandy Hood is good at helping us on the forum and Steve Collings. I can't thank the 2 of them enough for all their help. I finally sit my last exam on the 15th of February, Personal Tax.
                  Good Luck with your last exam hen - thought perhaps you'd gone rolling in the heather haha

Comment

It seems the Scots (up North, as opposed to the Scots down South) just look and watch ...

Comment

I'm still here.

Now residing in London for almost a year so far, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by KaySarah View Post
                        It seems the Scots (up North, as opposed to the Scots down South) just look and watch ...
                        Hmmm... that's me Although I am actually Welsh, living in Inverness

Comment

Originally posted by Moominyak View Post
                          Hmmm... that's me Although I am actually Welsh, living in Inverness
                          Oooo noooo .... so we have both tatties & leeks .. nice combo lol

to think - the Scots are the most intrepid and adventurous peoples in the World - no matter where you go, you will always find one and yet .... peek a boo .... they can't seem to find one another on a common Forum I guess they're too busy out there exploring and conquering

Comment

Originally posted by KaySarah View Post
                            Oooo noooo .... so we have both tatties & leeks .. nice combo lol

to think - the Scots are the most intrepid and adventurous peoples in the World - no matter where you go, you will always find one and yet .... peek a boo .... they can't seem to find one another on a common Forum I guess they're too busy out there exploring and conquering

AK002 is the latest of us to explore and conquer, how is London treating you? Have you taken over the office yet, converted them all to Irn Bru and deep fried Mars Bars?

Comment

Irn Bru we have in abundance ... wish we had Barrs Red Cola though .. and they turn their noses up at Deep Fried Mars Bars lol ..
                              Taken over the office? ... I was put on this earth in female form ... what do you think?

You're really slack at starting a post and then disappearing though lass ... where do you go? ... The outer hebrides? haha

Comment

Working...
                              X