Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aat level 2 pass = ?, level 3 pass = , level 4 pass =??

Hi ,

Just wondering when you complete level 2 /certificate what does this make you/qualify you for if anything? Same with level 3/diploma and then level 4?

Thank you for any help :-)
    www.askwizards.com free friendly accountancy help community for students, lecturers accountancy enthusiasts and wizards!

Register for free to earn points & badges for questions, answers and posts.

Turn your accountancy questions to answers!

and/or keep your knowledge constantly refreshed and up to date by helping the community to answer questions while climbing the points leader board.

This site is intended to help the community understand and practice accountancy.

Hi

There are various little qualifications you get from doing each module, it does tell you in the study guide in the fron of your study books, but each level just advances on the previous level, til you qualify in level 4 then you are an accounting technician

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by wbauk2002 View Post
      Hi

There are various little qualifications you get from doing each module, it does tell you in the study guide in the fron of your study books, but each level just advances on the previous level, til you qualify in level 4 then you are an accounting technician

Hope this helps

Thank you this does help

is a accouting technician the same as a "accountant" appolgies if this is a stupid question
      www.askwizards.com free friendly accountancy help community for students, lecturers accountancy enthusiasts and wizards!

and/or keep your knowledge constantly refreshed and up to date by helping the community to answer questions while climbing the points leader board.

This site is intended to help the community understand and practice accountancy.

Comment

It's an accounting qualification, but you can't do as much as a full accountant, you need a aca acca or cima, which you can do after aat and get exemptions

Comment

Originally posted by wbauk2002 View Post
          It's an accounting qualification, but you can't do as much as a full accountant, you need a aca acca or cima, which you can do after aat and get exemptions
          thank you will look into this further soon

Comment

Just wanted to clarify what I think you mean for others. You are technically called an 'Accounting Technician' but in effect you are an accountant, this is more defined by your experience than anything. There are many people on here who are AAT qualified and would call themselves (quite rightly) accountants. I think what you mean is that AAT qualified can not do as much as a Certified Accountant..which if I remember rightly (and please correct me if I'm wrong) only allows you to complete an audit (as something extra to AAT). If you wish to be a member in practice, then you need no more than the AAT and a boat load of experience in the areas you wish to go into, any other qualification i.e ACCA can actually be more of a hindrance than anything as you need to jump through a lot more hoops to get a practising license.

There are many posts on this forum about 'accounting technician vs Accountant'. Remember that Accountant is not a protected term, anyone can call themselves an accountant, whether they are AAT, ACCA or with no qualification at all.

Hope that helps.
            Month End is approaching - Keep Calm and Carry on Accounting

Comment

Working...
            X