X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICAS Project and missed deadline?

I have to upload my project on the 6 May 2012. I was originally told by my tutor the end of May, regardless of this, I am no where near completing the project on time.

I have had next to no contact with the support tutor on this and I am not confident she will get back with feedback on the little I have completed. Isn't one of the requirements of the project to document all contact? It would be a very short paragraph

So what happens if I don't upload it? Will I be re entered with a new case study. If this is what will happen I will concentrate on my Financial Performance exam on the 8th and do the case study in May and June when all we are doing in college is revising for BTX and Budgeting.

Hi katsulieff,
    I would upload whatever you have done so far - if you fail this time you have (I think!) another 2 attempts and a month before uploading again each time. Maybe your tutor could confirm on exact timing. We were also told that your tutor can give you more guidance/feedback once they have seen your project.

Good luck,
    MN

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
      I will fail, so far all I have completed is

Terms of reference
      Organisation Background
      Analysis and evaluation of the accounting system
      SWOT

Can I upload a half finished project?

Comment

Does anyone know what happens if we dont attempt it - and it doesnt get submitted - can we be given a new scenario at a later date and attempt it then?
        Level 4 - Complete
        ACCA - Just starting F6

Comment

Thats what I'm hoping annie. But I guess as I have downloaded the case study I will have to continue. The four months go really quickly added to which on MyAAT it gives the date 6 July so I have pushed it aside to focus on financial performance

Comment

I think it may be worth a phone call - I am under the impression that if it is not completed in time - you are allowed to ask for a new scenario and start again - but I am not 100% - would need to double check with AAT.
            Level 4 - Complete
            ACCA - Just starting F6

Comment

okay I'm going to see how much I can get done on it today. I might ring my tutor in the morning and see what he says. When is yours due for submitting?

Comment

Originally posted by anniebabe View Post
                Does anyone know what happens if we dont attempt it - and it doesnt get submitted - can we be given a new scenario at a later date and attempt it then?
                My project is due in two weeks. We were told by our tutor, if the project is not completed by the date.
                Then you need to buy a new senario, and start again
                Diddy Mau MAAT (I know, can't believe it either)

The more you know, the more you realize you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

okay so I need to decide which I want to pay for again FNPF or ICAS, don't think I am going to achieve both in one week

Thanks Diddy Mau

Comment

I had a similar problem.
                    My deadline was 29th February and I was under the impression that this was the deadline for my first draft, but after speaking to my tutor was told it was the final deadline!
                    Your tutor should have the ability to extend your deadline - mine was extended to 23rd April!
                    MAAT + ATT

Comment

Now I have just read somewhere else that the time given is sixteen weeks ie four months. If the time given is in weeks instead of months I have missed my deadline as it will make it 27 April instead of 6 May

Comment

Hello Kat

I have been told that when I start the project it is allocated 12 weeks and we are expected to allow at least 6 hours a week. We have also been advised that we should not be studying any other module at the same time.

Out of interest, those who study through a training provider, as this course is provided as online/distance learning, have you been released from work (day release) to complete your project, or are you working full time and completing the project in your own time? Those who attend a FE college, what provision has been allowed by your employer in respect of this, or has the college scheduled the project alongside the other modules?

Thanks all.

JC
                        ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hi Jo
                          We are supposed to be doing FNST, BTX and ICAS all at the same time!!!!! well not happy and unfortunately my ICAS has been shelved.
                          Level 4 - Complete
                          ACCA - Just starting F6

Comment

Hi all,

My ICAS is due at the end of the month and I think (though I haven't checked) that if you log into 'Learnplus' where you can download the scenario it tells you your deadline somewhere on that page.

I'm checking this now as reading this is making me majorly paranoid that I've missed the deadline! lol!

Good luck to all!

Comment

Can confirm that learnplus gives you your deadline. 31st May for me... worryingly close!

Comment

Working...
                              X