Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

PLB Exam

AikaAika New MemberRegistered Posts: 7
How did everyone find this? I'm not too sure about it myself - managed to balance Section 1 fine but some of those questions in the second section were a little odd.

Also, does anyone know the percentage you'd need to get in each section in order to pass?

Thanks,

~ Aika

Comments

• lyd159lyd159 New Member Registered Posts: 10
    I found the exam ok. Which question on section 2 did you struggle with?
    Our tutor reckons it approximately 50% on each section but it also depends on how everyone does overall.

Lydia
  • AikaAika New Member Registered Posts: 7
    50%? If that's the case then hopefully I should pass - I was told by a tutor it was likely to be closer to 85% which seemed a little high.

As for the questions - strangely enough it was the first few, which probably sounds silly but I found studying for them difficult since they're unpredictable.

2.1 - was that a trick question? I put December 1st, but that seemed a little too obvious.

2.2 - I thought by invoice number was the logical way to file them. Apparently not!

2.3 - seemed straightforward until I came to the envelopes. Should they have been analysed as Stationery? Or Postage? I put the former but was wavering a bit there.
  • masteryobomasteryobo Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    Hi Did The Trail Balance Balanced On Section 1

Hi Did The Trail Balance Balanced On Section 1
  • MuhammadMuhammad New Member Registered Posts: 6
    Plb

Section 1 was OK as my trial balance balanced.

but i had few mistakes in section 2

petty cash, journal entries and bank reconciliation was easy

wat isthe pass marksfor this PLB exam
    It's definitely around 50%, your tutor was probably trying to push you to revise lots!!

2.1 was 1st December

I think for the filing question it was alphabetically by customer.....that's how we file invoices at my work so that's what I put!!
    Envelopes are stationary!
  • sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 567
    I found section 1 fine but I too found the question re the invoice filing odd. I have checked my text and I cannot find any reason why filing numerically is wrong. We file like that where I work and I couldn't see the problem with it to be honest.
  • tramanhduongtramanhduong New Member Registered Posts: 8
    i don't think filing invoices in numerical order is wrong, but there are different ways as well. I think one of them is filing by customers' alphabetical order. Is it correct?
    And in my opinion (and previous exercises i have done), envelope is Postage:001_unsure:
  • sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 567
    Envelopes are stationery, stamps and special delivery are postage.
    Yeah envelopes are definitely stationary!!
  • NAJCNAJC Feels At Home Registered Posts: 44
    you can either file invoives alphabetically or numerically. and yes envelopes are stationary.
    Nikolaaa