PCR December '07

Options
acky2106
acky2106 Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
Did anyone find the operating statement question in part two rather weird?
Not all of the data was set out and effectivelly it asked you to compare one marginal against one absorption which put it out of sync.

Comments

• GoldenRetreiver
    GoldenRetreiver Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yes I did, in the end I just did the same layout as the one on the exam paper - wrong I know now!
  • Debz
    Debz Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    PCR Exam

I took it that you were to show it like a marginal cost statment per the question. Turnover/ variable costs/ contirbution/ fixed costs/ profit. There was no closing stock valuation so this complication was eliminated..
  • acky2106
    Options
    I have to say i wasn't massively comfortfortable ith it, for example there was date re the energy cost telling you how much of the budgeted cost wasvariable llowing you to calculate the fixed cost but no information breaking down the actual energy cost or was i just damn confused!??
  • kylara
    kylara Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    £18 per unit.....?
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yes but the £18 was a budgeted assumption meaning that you would again assume that this was correct on actual - surely actual figures are based on true costs and not assumptions?
  • acky2106
    Options
    Thank you LouLou! That was exactly my point, i'm glad i was not the only person that stumbled on that one...
  • Cortez
    Cortez Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    acky2106 wrote: »
    Thank you LouLou! That was exactly my point, i'm glad i was not the only person that stumbled on that one...

I think everyone must have stumbled on that one as it was a 50/50 guess as to which one you kept the same.

Hopefully the AAT will realise they did not give a breakdown of the actual cost and mark both as correct.
  • LouLou143
    Options
    Thats ok acky - I actually argued that in the paper and said that if I had all the correct costs, I could have done a marginal costing statement, otherwise it would have been purely based on assumptions on that part, so a true cost could not be found!
  • patward1354
    patward1354 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I used the fixed cost calculated for energy in the budget, which if I remember was £440,000 the worked the variable part out from that
    Also I think I forgot to divide the material by 10,000 to get square metres....

they even put it on the paper, still forgot to do it tho:blushing:
  • kylara
    kylara Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I used the fixed cost calculated for energy in the budget, which if I remember was £440,000 the worked the variable part out from that[/QUOTE}

I remember now. From the budgeted vc of £18 per unit we got the fixed cost....for the actual vc I deducted the budgeted FC from the total actual energy cost. :ohmy: Can't wait to see the questions and answers when they are published.
  • IDS
    IDS Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    If you want to relive the depression of the exams I see the questions will be available next week, just in time to ruin Xmas...
  • LouLou143
    Options
    Yeah Merry Christmas!

All I can say is prepare to write an email to examfeedback@aat.org.uk and cut and copy the questions in that were ambiguous as they will look at all the comments and decide on how to mark the paper!
  • StephParker
    StephParker Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi I did sort of the same with square metres. I divided by 1,000 rather than 10,000. Glad to see it wasnt only me making that mistake. I felt so silly afterwards coz they had put the note in the exam paper. Anyway, best of luck. Merry xmas
Privacy Policy