Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Did The Trial Balance Balanced On Section 1 IN THE PLB EXAM

masteryobomasteryobo Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 4
Did The Trial Balance Balanced On Section 1 IN THE PLB EXAM

Comments

• AikaAika New Member Registered Posts: 7
    Mine did, anyway. I'm presuming it was meant to given that nothing was mentioned about a suspense account at that stage.
  • sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 567
    Yes it did for me too:thumbup1:
  • stevebornersteveborner Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 21
    in PLB the TB should always balance.

dont worry if it doiesnt, this is not an automatic failure. Mine didnt balance and I passed.
  • N4T4L1EN4T4L1E New Member Registered Posts: 5
    TB

My TB did balance.

However, my tutor did say if you can't get it to balance in the exam you should use a suspense account as it shows you know the TB must balance. This does not mean automatic failure as you gain marks for the postings you make in the ledgers as well. I also know someone who has previously passed and their TB didn't balance. :001_smile:

Section 2 wasn't as good for me - like others I was a little confused about the filing invoices question!!
  • stardakstardak New Member Registered Posts: 6
    masteryobo. if like me you did not balance but spent 2.5 hrs trying to find the transposition error mistake, you will be like me slightly deflated today. To say it drove me mad is an understatement. Im still kicking myself. Like the other people who have posted i have also heard that people who did not balance the tb also passed as long as, as was in this case you set up a suspense account for the difference. Dont worry though as i used to pay an accountant fortunes and he could not add up for the life of him hope this makes you feel uplifted
  • EsmeEsme Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 711
    Filing invoices question.. I don't remember that.. what was the question??