Pev & Pcr

aer87
aer87 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello

I currently sat a resit for FRA, a PEV fresh exam, and a PCR fresh exam!
Dats 3 exams in 3 days! STRESSFUL! :huh:

So....... i was just wondering........ you know this Sandy, who sends us his/her suggested answers!? Well how reliable are they!?
Because all them variances i did in my PEV, Section 1! Are wrong according to Sandy!? As i deffo got a £3300 variance somewhere in it!
I remember cos its didn't balance my operating statement, so i went back and corrected it, and it balanced! However ios it at all possible to balance in a few ways or must i be right because it balanced!?

I hope you understand me (someone out there)

Also, does anyone on here, go to Hopwood Hall College in Middleton!?

aer87

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Sandy is a very reliable and helpful tutor! Also his answers have been proof read by others before he releases them so I think you can take it that they are right
  • purplegirl
    purplegirl Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor ⭐
    Agree with Bluewednesday. Sandy's answers will definitely, 100% be correct! I wouldn't have passed PCR if it hadn't been for his revision day last year. It was my 2nd re-take.
  • PEANUT
    PEANUT Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE LINK FOR THE pev ANSWERS FROM SANDY.

tHANKS
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    When the examiner writes the paper he does his utmost to ask you to do what he wants to mark.
    Your method may differ from another candidates, but the answer may well be the same.
    Another possibility is that you interpret a question in a different, but just as sensible way as the the examiner intended. If this happens you may have different but correct answer.

Ambiguous requests at work can be resolved by a phone call, exam ambiguities don't have the same opportunity.

I think aer87 might be refering to the treatment of a change in raw material stock in a variance analysis question.
    My treatment involves only including the stock issued for use in production when calculating the usage variance. The change in stock, is just that so an increase is at standard cost and a decrease is also at standard cost.
    Material price variances are the difference between the actual cost of the amount we purchased compared with the standard cost of what we purchased.

I think some candidates were caught out. There are formulae that don't distinguish between actual amount bought and actual amount issued to production.

Finally, passing and getting full marks are not the same.
    Obviously if you get full marks you pass, but a lot of people who got some bits wrong will also pass.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy