Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Units 1 & 2 work based evidence

sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced MentorRegistered Posts: 567
I am gathering work based evidence for units 1&2. I did the simulations but due to the poor planning of my training provider I ended up doing the 2 sims in a noisy office of about 25 people:thumbdown:Concentrating was some what difficult so I am hedging my bets by gathering evidence as I work in accounts doing the banking, checking statements, etc pretty much unit 1 & 2 work really.

Can I put stuff like a copy of the paying in book I have prepared in, a statement I have checked with a screen dump of what I have checked it against, a fax to a supplier requesting a copy invoice, etc. I;ve checked my student record and these things would seem to fit the bill.I know it sounds dumb but this portfolio is like some mystical object to me, I don't want to go too basic with my evidence or overlook something simple either.

Comments

• N4T4L1EN4T4L1E New Member Registered Posts: 5
    The things you have listed sound like really good examples of evidence for Units 1 and 2. If you think you have any evidence that may be useful take it to your training provider and they will tell you if it's suitable. People have taken some really simple pieces into my college which have all been accepted as evidence e.g. printed Sage or Iris TB for unit 3. Even if all the stuff you take can't be used it usually will relate to another unit. For example, the fax to a supplier would be good evidence for the Business Core units.
  • sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 567
    Thanks for that Natalie, as predicted I didn't pass the Sims. I haven't looked through to see where I've gone wrong, I know on Unit 2 there was something that should have balanced. It didn't but it was so noisy where I was doing the sims I knew I'd flunked anyway and didn't really want to carry on:crying:

I'm annoyed with myself because I can do these things standing on my head at work these are literally the only bits of the course I do at work so I'm disheartened now. I'll have a look through and see where I went wrong and in future will get sims sent to work!!!