Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

PLB Answers

sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced MentorRegistered Posts: 567
I can't find the thread that this was raised on but I've just read the answers to the PLB exam and I still don't get the question about not filing invoices in numerical order. The answer states the trouble with filing them like that is that you would need to know the invoice number to find it:001_unsure: Well how would you go about finding an invoice no matter how you filed them if you didn't know the invoice number?

Comments

• Chellby80Chellby80 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 25
    They best way to file invoices is alphabetical. That way, if you know supplier XYZ sent an invoice through to you, you can find it easily by going to X and it would be there. Numerical isn't the best way to file because as you stated, you need to know the invoice number, but how would you know the number if there are several invoices from several suppliers. Alphabetical is the best way. Hope this helps!
    :-)
  • sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 567
    Now I get it they were referring to purchase ledger invoices and like a div I was thinking they meant sales ledger:blushing::blushing: Thanks for putting a thick notherner out of her misery:thumbup: