Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)

Credit Card Vouchers

roy ramphulroy ramphul Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 37
There was a question concerning a credit or debit card floor limit for £400.

If the debit card voucher payment is taken from the phone exceeding the floor limit, do we process the transaction.

Comments

• ScottyScotty Just Joined Registered Posts: 1
    Hi Roy.

If it exceeds the limit, then no, you wouldn't process the transaction.
    However, it may be a longstanding customer, so might be best to refer to a supervisor to authorise. A floor limit is only an internal control.

Scott.
  • roy ramphulroy ramphul Feels At Home Registered Posts: 37
    Thanks for your help I really appreciate this.
  • SandyHoodSandyHood Font Of All Knowledge Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034
    I recently verified a simulation which had a credit card floor limit question.

Those of you who take credit card payments may well know that the practical truth and the text book theory do differ on this topic.

Certainly I am well aware that I may have a limit set but that I can ring the card company and have a payment authorised, even if it is above the limit. This then saves me having to chase the customer to pay another way.

In hotels it is common to have an imprint made of a client's card on arrival. In the event of the client departing without completing the bill at the time, this can be used to settle the bill. If it is over the floor limit, a phone call to the credit card company invariably authorises the amount and the payment goes through.
    Sandy
    [email protected]
    www.sandyhood.com
  • jrossjross Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    SandyHood wrote: »

Certainly I am well aware that I may have a limit set but that I can ring the card company and have a payment authorised, even if it is above the limit. This then saves me having to chase the customer to pay another way.

In hotels it is common to have an imprint made of a client's card on arrival. In the event of the client departing without completing the bill at the time, this can be used to settle the bill. If it is over the floor limit, a phone call to the credit card company invariably authorises the amount and the payment goes through.

this certainly seems to be a more convinient solution for both you and the customer!