Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

anybody can help unit 31

novanova New MemberRegistered Posts: 5
unit 31 accounting work skills.i just started,but so confused about this test.it's a computer test?but why still got the study text?and how to do this test?it seems divided into several tests,part 1 180mins,part 2 180 mins,and part 3 finish in a month at home?

so confused about the test.:confused1:

hope someone can help me!

Comments

• RichardRichard Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 373
    I took my skills test last year, part 1 is based around consolidation accounts, KPI's, VAT returns, etc.

Part 2 is computerised accounting, so you will need access to Sage to complete this section.

Part 1 and 2 has to be taken under supervised conditions, however, Part 3 is a month long take-away project and this will cover the planning and organising, health and safety, etc aspects of the unit.
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    It is a lot to do but considering what you cover in unit 30 its about the same.

If you have experience in sage computerised accounts isnt that bad, am just about to do the simulation on second part then last bit to do, struggled with formulars a little but with a bit of revision they will work out.

good luck :001_smile:
  • novanova New Member Registered Posts: 5
    thank you everyboday

thank you everybody for the replys.
  • AJ786AJ786 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 36
    part 1 is a piece of cake. just got to remember the seven tasks in order and learn the formulas. i didn't uderstand it but the day before my exam i done 2 hour revision and it finally stuck. also the health and safety is easy and really boring. i am currently doing sage whihc is confusing but with a bit of help from my tutor and fellow students i think i can pass.

keep going mate. good luck
    part 3 finish in a month at home?

Huh? we doing this part as a mini simulation so in all do 3 simulations on unit 31?

Maybe different colleges do it differently:confused1:
  • BinduDBinduD New Member Registered Posts: 6
    I am also doing Unit 31 and noticed the mention of using Sage to complete Part 2. I am a bit confused........ I spoke to someone BPP who told me that in the test the package they use is called SimplyBooks? Has anyone used this package for their skills test?

Bindu
  • ItalianShortfuseItalianShortfuse Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    AJ786 wrote: »
    part 1 is a piece of cake. just got to remember the seven tasks in order and learn the formulas. i didn't uderstand it but the day before my exam i done 2 hour revision and it finally stuck. also the health and safety is easy and really boring. i am currently doing sage whihc is confusing but with a bit of help from my tutor and fellow students i think i can pass.

keep going mate. good luck
    HI All,

I am distance student with Kaplan and I am disappointed by the lack of information regarding this simulation (AWS UNIT 31) . Apparently, the simulation is divided into 3 sections
    1 - word and excel (kaplan does not know what versions '03 or '07 will be used.
    2- sage (this is quite clear, they even sent me out some papers about what will be asked)
    3- third part to complete from home (as you guys said)

AJ786 what kind of excel stuff did you have to use? which version ('03..'07?) did you have to use lookup stuff or what if analysis? let me know please cheers
  • AJ786AJ786 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 36
    HI All,

I am distance student with Kaplan and I am disappointed by the lack of information regarding this simulation (AWS UNIT 31) . Apparently, the simulation is divided into 3 sections
    1 - word and excel (kaplan does not know what versions '03 or '07 will be used.
    2- sage (this is quite clear, they even sent me out some papers about what will be asked)
    3- third part to complete from home (as you guys said)

AJ786 what kind of excel stuff did you have to use? which version ('03..'07?) did you have to use lookup stuff or what if analysis? let me know please cheers

i used the version 07 and the only thing that i needed to remember were the formulas for me to enter. lookup and whatif dont play any part in unit 31.1.

hope that helps:001_smile:
  • Caz1Caz1 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 44
    Hi guys

I'm distance learning with BPP and have been somewhat confused with the lack of info for Unit 31 too - the course book tells you how to use Simply Books but now I'm worried with everyone talking about Sage! :001_unsure:

Please help! Has anyone else done the assessment using Simply Books?
  • RichardRichard Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 373
    Caz1 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I'm distance learning with BPP and have been somewhat confused with the lack of info for Unit 31 too - the course book tells you how to use Simply Books but now I'm worried with everyone talking about Sage! :001_unsure:

Please help! Has anyone else done the assessment using Simply Books?

Have BPP supplied you with any software? I'm distance learning with Premier, and they supply Sage Instant with the Unit 31 material - I learnt on Sage, and then used my own laptop for the assessment.
  • Caz1Caz1 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 44
    Hi

I never got the software cd so BPP told me to download it from the SimplyBooks site.... I'm worrying about it cos no-one else seems to have used it for their test! :confused1:
  • BinduDBinduD New Member Registered Posts: 6
    Hi Caz1,

I am also a distance learner with BPP and it seems like we both in the same boat! I am also getting very worried about the lack of information about Unit 31 and that there is no mention of anyone having used SimplyBooks. I even did a search on the forums for it. I downloaded the SimplyBooks software but am finding it quite confusing. The other problem is that there are no answers to the simulations to check whether you are using the software correctly.

I rang BPP on Friday asking them which software is used in Part 2 at there centres but she didn't seem to know and kept me on hold while she rang someone at AAT to find out, finally saying that someone will get back to me by 5pm but have did not hear from anyone. It seems that Kaplan and Premier Training both provide software for their students but BPP don't.

I also spoke to someone at BPP publications to see if it is worth buying 'Foundation Bookkeeping with Sage and Excel Spreadsheets' and found out that you do get a CD with it but am not sure if it is enough to learn Sage. Has anyone bought this book? I also, would to know if anyone has used SimplyBooks to do their test.

Sorry for sounding so frustrated! :confused1:
  • maprymapry Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 15
    the sage part

Will be writtin the sage exam shortly and wanted any ideas on what is asked or perhaps how to get hold of a past exam paper for it.

• lg2627lg2627 New Member Registered Posts: 11
    Hi

I am also just starting but I am confused already. I have unit 30 and 31 my first submission is on unit 31 but shouldn`t I start with unit 30 ???
    Units 30 & 31

It doesnt matter what order you do the units it mostly depend when you started the course.

Am in college and started in september and have competed unit 30 but a group of people started in January and are doing unit 31 with us and still have unit 30 to do.

Dont stress it all, worry more about the work involved *sniggers* kidding - but really there is no order in which to complete it.