Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

cerficate

miketranmerefanmiketranmerefan Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 42
any 1 here doing the diploma route level 2 certificate fancy talkin

mike

Comments

• bonniebonnie Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 30
    Hi Mike,
    Me!
    I'm studying the Diploma route for the AAT Certificate. I'm actually studying from home, but will probably go to college for the Advanced Certificate. Are you entering the exam this June? How far have you got? How are you taking to double entry :ohmy:
  • miketranmerefanmiketranmerefan Feels At Home Registered Posts: 42
    thanks for your reply

am doing the diploma route myself takin exam in june myself in liverpool how bout you. have you got anything revision papers etc. how you gettin on with the course then

mike
  • flowerflower Well-Known Registered Posts: 160
    Hi Mike

I am studying Diploma Route at local college and yes taking exam in June. Have started revision papers, still confused with some of it. Hoping that practice will make perfect by June. Got skills tests to do first mind.
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    Hey Mike

Also doing deploma route but did the exam in decemeber it was ok tho and i passed:confused:. Studying at college also.
    exam

what is pass mark, was it hard can you give us anty tips on what isdifferent from the questions on the past papers etc and in the workbooks, are the exams generally the same layout etc just different questions all the time obviously

kind regards
    mike, only just logged on computer been down sorry
    Hi Mike,
    Sorry for late reply. I am taking the exam in June too, it's been a real rush as I only started at the very end of March:ohmy:

You asked about revision papers, there are some you can download from the AAT website.

How are you finding it? Did you have any experience before you started studying? I found the first two weeks the hardest, which didn't help studying from home. I struggled to understand double entry, but I'm on top of it now!
    past papers and how u doin in it yourself

alrite, same as you late starter no experience just fancied a change

im having terrible trouble on me comp with adobe reader so cant view the files, have asked aat but cant help me. i asked could they transfer the files to say ms word for me told me no chance use another comp!

dont suppose you have anythin in word or that past papers and answers

kind regards
    mike - hope your getting along well, what you finding most awkward
    [email protected]
    I've emailed you.
  • BethBeth Feels At Home Registered Posts: 40
    I'm doing the diploma route certificate level.
    Homestudy as I work full time. It's quite hard to find the time tbh but everything is making sense because I can apply it to what i've been doing at work, which is great.

First exam in June! Scary...:huh:
  • Caz1Caz1 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 44
    Hi

I'm on the diploma route through homestudy - I did the Unit 30 exam in December - I found the best thing to do was the past papers - everything suddenly made so much more sense than it sometimes did in the book! And plus you'll get used to the format of the questions and how they are set out. Good luck in June - you'll be fine! :001_smile:
    sound

sorry for late replies, tried this site put a notice up was getting no feedback so only just looked glad your doin well, is that a good tip crack on with past exam papers as you can see and understand etc

mike
    so revision the exams is a big help ye

mike
    [email protected]
    as you have done it what is the pass mark and that any tips etc

please get back to me
    mike
    [email protected]
    Hey

From what I understand I don't think there is a set pass mark for each paper. I think I read that the paper is reviewed after the exams and the pass mark is set from there maybe?

Yes past papers are a big help with revision - I was a mess with bank rec until I did them!
    sound

like in unit 10 in my work excercises i had to put the records of different events into format ie. put them in debit and credit in thier sub accounts and main accounts, but on revision for the exam in past papers you dont do this did you have any, like updating individual accounts etc.

so you just get told pass, did you get a mark no, so pass or fail sound

im nervous as started few month ago with no experience, those exams in back of workbook are they a big help ie was your test to that setting/layout. did you print off the exams off the aat website and use them where they helpful to you also

mike
    You get successful or not succesful, no grade and no actual % mark.

I found the past papers the best form of revision. Have you been provided with a mock exam you can do and send off for marking? It might give you a good indication of how you're doing?