College Admission - Straight to Intermediate?

BoratBorat Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 3
Hello everyone

I would just like to say hello to everyone - as I am now a part of your community!

What I would like to know (if any of you guys have any knowledge in regards to this) is - can you enrol straight onto the intermediate stage without passing foundation at point of enrolment?

Bascially i've just started studying foundation - evenings and weekends 12-16 hours a week and estimate i'll complete this by the end of July early Sept.

It would make sense for me to then enrol onto intermediate in September instead of going over foundation all over again wasting time. In this case I can take the foundation exams in December and take Intermediate next June. This way would save year!

I imagine if it is possible you may need to take a skills check to show the college you have the aptitude to enrol straight onto intermediate? If you guys know if this is possible, or if you have been in this situation yourself i'd greatly appreciate your input!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
    Borat,
    It will depend on the college. I stared at Intermediate as I had some experience, although I hadn't done double entry bookkeeping. The tutor said if I struggled I could always drop down to foundation as it was easier than the other way round.

So yes, if you have the aptitude you can enrol straight into Int. I take it you are studying via Distance Learning now and are planning to change over to college in September.

Welcome to the Forum,
  • BoratBorat Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply Jan - Yep i'm studying foundation on my own, I seem to have grasped double entry without too much problem so it's great to hear it's possible to enrol staight to Int - many thanks! :thumbup1:
  • coocoocadgoocoocoocadgoo Feels At Home Registered Posts: 41
    Hi Borat,
    I actually enrolled at my college for Technician whilst still doing intermediate as a distance learner. If you can do that, I'm sure you can do it with foundation & intermediate too!
  • BoratBorat Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Hey coocoocadgoo - nice one, thanks!