Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

IAC at Eastleigh

keithy1978keithy1978 Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 36
HI all,
Felt the exam went well. Just the question about the VAT refund. Can anyone shed any light on it. I commented that the company may have overpaid VAT in a previous period due to an error and that they may have bought more stock than they sold so that the VAT reclaimable exceeds the VAT collected on Sales.

Did someone comment on Parking at the college. I found street parking for £2 all day less than two minutes walk from the main entrance on Chestnut avenue.

Comments

• kevjarvisunikevjarvisuni New Member Registered Posts: 9
    I popped into reception before the exam but they told me the nearest parking was at fleming park leisure centre, however when I was walking down from there to the college, I passed a pay and display stating 4 hours or over £2, right outside the college! That got me pretty distressed!! Oh well, I'll know for next time!
  • keithy1978keithy1978 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 36
    I was desk 8

Did you say you were desk 9? I was desk 8. It seemed a little silly to me that confusion was caused at the start by the desks not being numbered! How hard is it to put a sticker on the desk so that everyone knows which one it is?
    Did you see my VAT question request?
  • crispycrispy Trusted Regular SouthamptonRegistered Posts: 456
    Hello,

I remember taking an exam at Eastleigh and not being able to find anywhere to park, the security guy there just said 'Sorry you can't park here" and "No you can't park there" blah blah etc. ...really helpful :thumbdown: I eventually found somewhere thanks to a fellow student.

In answer to your VAT question, if input Tax was greater than Output Tax for a period then the amount would be refundable (The VAT Control A/c would show a Debit balance).
  • kevjarvisunikevjarvisuni New Member Registered Posts: 9
    Yeah, all that at the beginning I felt was unnecessary! It felt like I was doing my GCSEs again!

The VAT question I simply put that the business overpaid. I suppose I maybe should have gone into a bit more detail though!