Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

From AAT foundation to Work

jkcjkc Well-KnownRegistered Posts: 166
hi
just seen a job for an AAt student with study support, but feeling a bit apprehensive about taking what Ive learned into the reality of work. how much of a jump is it?
feel like e - mailing my cv but what if I bomb seeing as I struggled through the first level.
any advice please on
how different is an actual bank rec to what we have done
same on plc and slc
petty cash
thanks

Comments

• alicemaylaraalicemaylara Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 259
    Hiya i have a job in an accountancy for 3 months now and at first it was very difficult i felt really out my depth also i couldnt believe they had taken on a 19 yr old with no qualifications. But they way i see it is they pay you less than a qualified accountant and so they shudnt expect that much from you without explaination. As long as you are polite and ask lots of questions they cant really complain! Just do your best

My first rec was hard because we deal with small businesses where they dont really keep great records! But the same principles apply just remember the ky rules ie make sure you get the same opening balance ect. another tip is that basically the bank is always right! Use receipts and cheque books to check the amounts are correct

I havet dealt with petty cash as such but when i was going through some accounts it came apparent that there is no evidence for it and really you just have to take their word for it

You'll be fine, Just make sure you can make a good cup of black coffee (my boss is obsessed and im sure wouldnt survive the day without his 20 cups!)

Good Luck
    :thumbup:
  • jkcjkc Well-Known Registered Posts: 166
    thanks for your help
    just plucking up the courage to send my cv in im sure ill be fine once its gone its gone and if I do go to pieces sooooooooooooooooo what, whats the worst ey?
  • JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
    Hi jkc

Well the worst is you won't get this job, but another will be out there for you.
    If you don't send in that cv you have no chance of getting it!

You're not alone in being nervous! I'm starting a new job on 1st July and already got butterflies. And I've loads of experience and did technician years ago :lol:

Good luck, and get that cv sent !