Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

hello

miketranmerefanmiketranmerefan Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 42
hello

has anyone done the simulation tests and mocks for the diploma route, as done exam couple of week ago. are the simulations hard or basically similar to the exam i had few week ago

cheers, much appreciate your response

Comments

• RichardRichard Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 373
    You only need to do one skills test at Certificate level on AAT Diploma - Unit 31.

The skills test is in 3 parts - part 1 is consolidation accounts, ratios, VAT returns, etc. Part 2 is sage based and Part 3 is a written project with a 1 month deadline.

Skills tests are usually tougher than the exams, as they carry a much higher pass mark - the good news is that if you don't reach the required level, you have the opportunity to re-sit extra questions to enable you to pass.

A sample assessment can be found here

http://www.aat.org.uk/diploma/display/store3/item1349/
  • miketranmerefanmiketranmerefan Feels At Home Registered Posts: 42
    Thanks for replyin mate

Im doin a home study i know i have passed the exam i had few week ago but then my home study centre who i never see sent me unit 31, so i have completed unit 31.3 hazards fllor plan of an office etc, now im on the 1st part.

I have been told to do this withthe use of my text book then they will send me a mock assessment then i8 will be sent another simulation exam the proper one for part 1, then i thought i would need to to the same for part 2 with sage, do i not have a mock with part 2 aswell as a exam

please let us know, have you done this what im doing now

mike
  • RichardRichard Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 373
    Hi Mike,

I did unit 31 about 15 months ago, I basically did a workbook, then sent a mock assessment in for marking. One my tutor had agreed I was ready for my skills test, he sent it to my supervisor at work.