level 3 progression

miketranmerefanmiketranmerefan Feels At HomePosts: 42Registered
just doin my level 2 home study diploma route, i want to of coursedo my level 3 next. I am defo changin home study centres, ive been looking around thinkin of premier what are they like please for home study

please your feedback will be hugely appreciated, i know its home study but basically i was told four months ago to start level 2 and i would get emails phone calls etc, this aint happened so i have need to change

please give your welcome feedback

Mike

Comments

• Katie S-BPPKatie S-BPP New Member Posts: 9Registered
    Hi Mike

Who do currently study with at the moment?
  • miketranmerefanmiketranmerefan Feels At Home Posts: 42Registered
    chaging home stugy centres

dont really want to saw name, but it aint one of the big 3 premier, kaplan and bpp

just defo changin but not sure who with
    Hi Mike

Well i can inform you that BPP offers a fanstatic homestudy package with full tutorial support, friendly administration staff and excellent material.

Please take a look at our website and if you get the chance have a browse through the brouchure as it will outline what you can expect from us as a study centre.

In the meantime i wish you all the best with your future studies

Kind Regards

Katie
  • katsutlieffkatsutlieff Trusted Regular Posts: 459Registered
    What a shame that is not the experience I have had with BPP. I have found the help from tutors somewhat lacking. If you are stuck on part of your studies you need an answer pretty quickly, unfortunately this has not been the case the few times I have contacted them. By the time the tutor gets back to you, you have generally sourced the answer elsewhere. Not sure what I am paying for!!

The only time I did speak with a tutor because I was in need of an answer quickly, he informed me he was unfamiliar with the course book so was having problems understanding my query. If the tutors aren't up to speed with the course text what help are they going to be?
    :thumbdown:
    I am sorry that the service you have received has not met your expectations, what BPP centre do you studey with or are you a distance learning student?

BPP values all kinds of feedback so if you have been experiencing problems with a section of our service please let us know either via telephone or email, we are always looking to improve the service we offer to students, by providing us with your feedback we know which area's we need to work on.
    I am studying from Home with BPP Distance Learning.

I have found the whole experience a let down. The tutor I spoke with was unfamiliar with the course book which is my main gripe. But also the time you have to wait to receive an answer from technical help is a joke, it takes them a couple of days sometimes longer just to email back to say they have your enquiry and someone will be will you shortly. This can take up to a week and a one point I emailed them back and told them not to bother. If I am stuck and need help I need it pretty quickly so I can move on with my study.

The other problem I experienced ( which may explain if I am the only one experiencing the above problem) was trying to get my login password for the learning media part of your web page. After numerous email and telephone calls I eventually received it in an email, with an accidentally attached email from the person who kept fobbing me off, he was telling IT to send me a login code because I was causing a nuisance, I was only asking for something I had paid to receive!!

This may seem pretty tivial but we pay a lot for the service so it would be nice to be able to rely on it.

Obvisiosly I am looking elsewhere for the advanced cert stage ,if anyone can recommend a learning provider, Kaplan are £80 cheaper, which always helps, but are they any better.:glare:
  • vishavisha Well-Known Posts: 218Registered
    Enrol with your local college and you will get the personal service.

You can enrol on a evening or a Day release course.

Level 3 is three times more challenging then level 2

Distance learning is very challenging and I can understand why many tutors will not be familiar with the provider's text books and study materials. They will have been teaching the subjects for a number of years and will know the subject inside out. They will be able to explain and teach the topic blind folded but with distance learning the student need a specific answer to a specific question in the provider’s text books. Ideally the tutors should familiarise themselves with teaching/learning material but understandably they may not have done so.

Distance learning tutoring is very challenging because the tutors automatically assume that the students will have the basic building block in place. Quite often it not the case and they have to start from the very beginning.

I applause all the distance learning tutors because they have to be patient, perceptive, considerate, show empathy, and take criticism from students who may not have explained their difficulties clearly.

From student’s point of view, all this communications problems can be avoided by joining the local college providers.
    I am sure it is a very difficult job being a distance learning tutor, and no doubt a very rewarding job.

I decided on Distance learning because it suits my circumstances. I am not learning within a class environment but that does not mean I should not expect the same level of service as someone who is. We ALL pay a lot of money to learning providers.

I am not expecting a tutor on call 24hrs, just one who can deal with the problem in hand, within a decent time frame or else why charge so much for the service. Asking for a tutor to be familiar with a course text is not asking too much is it! Besides if tutors 'can teach the subject blindfolded' then surely they can explain the subject out of the context of the book. Distance learners don't rely on just the material we are provided with, we also have the ability to understand further instruction, that is what makes us so wonderful!!

Anyway I have had my moan so on with the study, it's not going to do itself :001_smile:
  • speegsspeegs Experienced Mentor Posts: 854Registered
    Nicely put Katstulieff.

I studied with BPP and amazingly managed to pass everything first time, but I also found their customer services and technical services useless aswell.

I have also, on a number of occassions, pointed out errors to them in their books.

I am lucky though, my dad is an FCA so he could assist me when needed. But still, in one of my BPP foundation books they were claiming that 15 x 2 = 45.

Wake up BPP!:glare: