Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Bank Control Account

kaz1405kaz1405 Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 3
I have come across the bank control account today for the first time.

In my studies I have dealt with the Purchase and Sales Ledger Control Accounts and Petty Cash Control Account but not this before.

Can anyone tell me if its just the cash book or both the cash/petty cash book that would go into it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:confused1:

Comments

• columbiacolumbia Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 580
    Hi

It is just the bank book, and used to reconcile against the companies bank statements.

It is used to obviously show all the transactions in and out of the bank, and it is used to compare against the actual bank statements so that you can show any amounts that are unreconciled - for example you may have entered monies in/out of the accounts that have not yet been presented at the bank so will not be on the bank statement, similarly there may be amounts on the bank statements that you have not yet entered into the accounts.

Hope this helps.

Tracy
  • kaz1405kaz1405 Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Thanks that's great help. It was just confusing because they called it the control a/c instead of the bank.

Thanks again
    :-)