Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Can Anyone Help??

kayleigh87kayleigh87 Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 3
I'm going to be starting an evening course in september and have to choose between doing NVQ level 2 or level 3. But I am unsure which to choose, I have done the first year of A level accounts but did not complete the second year so I have some experience with accounts but am no expert! I am only asking because the college website is so vague on what is required for level 2 and 3. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• TankGirl1972TankGirl1972 New Member Registered Posts: 9
    How about phoning the college and speaking to one of the tutors directly? If you do start at foundation and find it too easy you can easily move up or visa versa. I know that happened at my college.

Good luck! x
  • kayleigh87kayleigh87 Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Tried phoning the college and got through to a receptionist on the off chance
    who didn't have a clue, asked to speak to someone who did and she said that there was no one around as it was the summer holidays! Thanks anyway
  • JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
    Kayleigh,

I started at Intermediate, although I had no knowledge of double entry, but had some experience. The college told me it was easier to start at Intermediate and drop to Foundation if I found it too hard. (It was hard, but I didn't need to) If you did the first year of an A level you may find you are repeating what you have already learnt. In your shoes I'd start at Level 3.

Are you in employment if you are doing the NVQ route or is it all that is available?
  • kayleigh87kayleigh87 Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Yes I'm curently in employment and shall be doing the nvq at evening class, thanks for the reply that really helps.