Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

New student AAT level 2

leahleah Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 1
Hi
i have finally enrolled on the AAt Foundation today cos i have been struggling for a while on whether it's the right career path for me or not, but i know that it's due to a lack of confidence. I left shool with 5 Gcses and a C Accounts which i believed isn't good enough. i started my first year A-level and chose Accounts amongs my options but because of personal reasons i dropped out of school and did not complete the second year. I always have regrets about that. I am now a single parent who is career minded but lacks confidence cos i had such a long break to look after my kids after working in a retail bank. I am looking forward to starting my course next week. I know that it will bring loads of opportunities just need to keep focus and commit to hard work which seems exciting. So if you have a similar background and made it through, i would like to hear from you!!!

Comments

• taskeytaskey Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,800
    hi and welcome.

if you get stuck on anything, just post a question and someone will help you.

Tracy
  • LCWLCW Just Joined Registered Posts: 1
    Hi Leah

I started the AAT through distance learning earlier this year after a five year break to look after my children.

It is a career change for me as in a previous life I worked in catering.

I think if you are interested in accounts and willing to learn you will go on to greater things.

I am starting the Advanced Certifcate in 2 weeks and can't wait to continue with the studying.

Good luck.

Claire
  • ddbddb Just Joined Registered Posts: 1
    I too will be starting the Foundation Level this term.

Looking forward to it. Passed my Mortgage Advice and Financial Advice qualifications over the past few years, and want to change my career slightly to Accountancy.

Will be at Walsall College, and the tutors there give me a great deal of confidence. They seem enthusiastic and helpful, so first impressions are good.

First session is week on Monday.
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    Hey Leah

Firstly congrates on the GCSE's, like you i also dropped out of school and became a single mum and really low in confidence, so i started a small compter course some years back, then on to GCSE's and A-Levels and am now am on advanced certificate, i still lack in confidence a little but totally understand how you feel.

But let me say with study and time this will build.

Can i ask are you studying at college? I am and found this a great place to meet like minded people who are in the same boat as you.

Good Luck and remember enjoy also. send me a PM anytime i may take a while to answer but i will :thumbup:
  • troytroy Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 275
    Hello Leah

You should be proud of your 5 GCSE's. I left school with fewer exams.
    I have 5 children and have spent the last 10 years bringing them up on my own.
    I worked most of my life in factories (grading onions, or packing carrots), then i moved into retail, which i did for about 6 years.
    I now work for the NHS in their accounts department, i have just completed the Intermediate level at AAT.
    I wish you all the luck for your future, and if you wish you can PM me and i shall get back to you a.s.a.p
    I do know that if you need any help, there are loads of people on here that will help
    ood luck with your studies,
    Troy
    :thumbup: