Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Unit 31 Part 1/2

harrybharryb Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 62
Hey guys, couple of questions regarding Unit 31 Task 1 & Task 2(sage) ..

When i choose a supplier a/c code could I have e.g if the company was Blaggs Farm could I have BLAGGSFA? ...

...And in regards to the Main ledger code woud SL01 be ok, the SL02 etc etc depending on how many customer accounts there are, and obviousy PL01 etc 4 suppliers?

...how would I enter a BACS Remittance Advice to a supplier on Sage Software?

...Lastly, Sorry with all the questions guys, bit worried here, in regards to cheques from customers would they simply be entered via Bank, Customers etc on Sage?

I would really appreciate any feedback as I have my exam coming up and its the little things that are getting me worried

Harry

Comments

• JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
    Hi Harry,

I've just come across this thread.
    When i choose a supplier a/c code could I have e.g if the company was Blaggs Farm could I have BLAGGSFA?

Its better if you use an alpha numeric system for both suppliers and customers. I use the first say 5 letters of the co name and then 001, so Blaggs Farm would become Blagg001. This way if you have another customer with the same name you can differenciate. OK there won't be many Blaggs Farms about, but you might end up with a few Smiths or Browns!
    ...And in regards to the Main ledger code woud SL01 be ok, the SL02 etc etc depending on how many customer accounts there are, and obviousy PL01 etc 4 suppliers?

By the main ledger code, do you mean the nominal? The default for supplies is normally 5000 ie purchases. Normally used for materials, but it depends what the supplier is - for example you'd enter a garage bill under Motor Expenses 7300.
    Lastly, Sorry with all the questions guys, bit worried here, in regards to cheques from customers would they simply be entered via Bank, Customers etc on Sage?

Yes! And in answer to the BACS question, via Bank, supplier (should open up supplier payment window) and then enter supplier code, for ref I put BACS, amount received and allocate against invoices outstanding.

Good luck with the exam

PS BTW Any more questions on Sage, put Sage in the title 'cos I ain't got a clue what Unit 31 is !!