Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Sage help

harrybharryb Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 62
Hey guys

regarding Sage, when do you have to use the Pay in Full Button and Automatic Button when recording a payment?!

is it when i pay off a payment i go to the pay in full when i reach the receipt column, or do i click automatic?

help would be appreciated!

Harry

Comments

• sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 567
    Hi Harry,

You can use either button to pay off accounts. Me personally, if its a straightforward account with no credits and overpayments I use the automatic button but always check that the last item sage has allocated againt is cleared in full.

If the account has old disputed items, credit notes or lots of invoices I tend to manually enter the amounts against invoices to make sure its done right.

Hope that helps you

Sarah
  • harrybharryb Feels At Home Registered Posts: 62
    Thanks Sarah, how do you check Sage has cleared it in full?!

to enter invoices wouldnt i go to customers, invoices then to enter credit note customer,credit ...or can u add them both on the invoice screen?

Thanks

Harry
  • JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
    Thanks Sarah, how do you check Sage has cleared it in full?!

When you are in the bank module, pay suppliers, it comes up with a list of all the invoices outstanding. You can check that the last payment allocated matches the amount of the invoice. If you've already come out of supplier payment, open up the supplier activity. You will see all the invoices and the purchase payments made, if the full amount has not been allocated there will be an amount outstanding in the o/s column.

Personally I never use the auto button, to be honest I hadn't noticed it before now! I just click pay in full for each invoice/credit note, then write the cheque for the total. Saves having to get the calculator out and makes Sage do the work.
    or can u add them both on the invoice screen?

Not sure what you mean? :confused1:
    Thanks Jan, where can I see the outstanding amount? .. As my Sage trial has run out Im only using the folder I got with how to do it in the binder...

..So its best after each invoice to click pay in full and then just enter a new invoice after....? What do you mean by writing a cheque for the total?! Once I have entered the invoices can I simply go on to the next task or do I have to write a cheque? e.g. Bank/Customer or Bank/Supplier?
    Sorry to other again Jan/Sarah, When you say you do the credit notes against the invoices do you do this by going Customer/Invoice then enter the details....and the then for the credit note .. Customer/Credit?

Thanks for your help by the way I appreciate it

Harry
  • JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
    Ok I think I understand what you mean! I'm using an older version of Sage, I've seen the newer version so I'm doing this from memory! I'll try and start again.

So if you want to pay off a supplier you'd open up supplier module and select pay suppliers. When you select which supplier you want to pay it should come up with a list of o/s invoices and credit notes, enter the date of payment, cheque number and click pay in full against the invoices you are paying. There could be credit notes listed as well which will reduce the amout o/s. In a real live situation you would write a cheque out.

I can see this reply is going to go on and on...... :lol: Do you want to pm me your email address and I will reply when I am at home where I have an up to date version and can email screen prints to you?

Don't envy you trying to do this without the trial version!