Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Going it Alone

dalevdalev New MemberRegistered Posts: 8
I am presently studying for the AAT qualification via the diploma pathway. I am planning to take the IAC exam in December followed by the Advanced and Diploma levels in 2009.

I have seen on this forum some references to achieving this without using a recognised provider. I can sort the exams via AAT and purchase the required books from multiple retailers. The simulations and skill tests are the part that I don’t understand, how can I find somewhere to take them if I am not enrolled with a distance learning provider?

Or have I got the whole thing wrong and confused myself?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Vince

Comments

• kath41kath41 New Member Registered Posts: 6
    Hi
    I am also doing the diploma pathway (but with Home Learning College). I have just submitted my Unit 31 part 1 assignment and my tutor also sent an attachment back which said:- Once all assignments in unit 31 are successfully completed you will be contacted re organising your first 2 skills tests which will be done at an AAT centre (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). The 3rd skills test will be done at home.

Sounds like you may be able to sort the skills tests direct with your AAT test centre as they are the same as an exam.

PS
    I would really be interested in finding out if you can do this without a recognised provider.
  • James BellJames Bell New Member Registered Posts: 7
    I would also be very interested as this would reduce the costs ALOT, as the course providers can charge a hell of alot - ok, granted it does take some of the stress off your hands, but weighing up the additional cost........i would rather have the stress!