Sage....

harrybharryb Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 62
Another question concerning sage ... when i enter the payments via bank, customers or bank suppliers...do i enter the amount e.g. of the cheque in the 'amount' box and the 'payment' box or just the 'payment box and then press 'pay in full'

Thanking You

Harry

Comments

• BluewednesdayBluewednesday Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,624
    I got into the practice of putting the chq amount in the little box and then allocating. Simply because if there's a difference it's either a payment on account that you know about or you've entered something wrong.

It's just a small double check before you find it wrong in the bank reconciliation but if you are careful it doesn't really matter which way you do it.
  • harrybharryb Feels At Home Registered Posts: 62
    thanks blue wednesday .. so its either allocate (which i assume is automatic on sage?) .. and then save or pay in full then save...never automatic then pay in full then save?

thanks
    I have never used the automatic button so couldn't say for sure!
    what do u click to allocate then?!?!
    I click the related invoice and either enter the amount or click pay in full whichever is appropriate.

The accounts I have on sage are a construction company so very rarely is the full or oldest invoice paid off.
    o right brilliant, thanks you :)

so you enter the amount in both the 'amount' box and 'payment' box and then press pay in full? ...that is how i assumed it was done...then obv cant forget the save button after! lol
  • JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
    Harry, BW says either enter the amount OR click pay in full, not both.

You still have to save, when you have allocated the payment to the invoices, otherwise you will have lost the transaction you have just done!

BW - part of Harrys problem is he doesn't have a copy of Sage to practice all this on.

Harry - i'll try to answer your pm tonight or at lunch time, don't want to abandon you, but I've got a lot on at work at the moment.
    thats fine jan. appreciate it...

what i dont understand is what u mean by enter the amount OR pay in full?...how i figure it out is that im goin enter all the details, put the amount int the 'amount' box, then in the 'payment' box and then press pay in full....would this be the correct way?