Sage

harrybharryb Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 62
hey guys

during the exam for sage, if for instance i make a mistake and want to cancel all what iv done, how do i start again from the beginning?

Thanks

Harry

Comments

• A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    If your sure you want to re-start all you have to do is

1 file, maintenance
    2 rebuild data
    3 untick top click ok
    4 check year start date

this will clear any invoices but keep details of company and suppliers.

If you wish to remove suppliers untick top two

Any probs let me know if i can help
  • JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
    Hi Harry, me again!

If you just want to cancel the transaction or even a few tranactions who've posted, go to file. maintenance, corrections. Click find (make a note of the trans no. by looking in financials beforehand) type in trans no and it will highlight that trans. You can then either delete the transaction or edit it.
  • harrybharryb Feels At Home Registered Posts: 62
    birlliant thanks guys ....

A-Vic: where you say untick top, what do you mean by that? what is it that im unticking?

Thanks

Harry
  • JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
    1 file, maintenance
    2 rebuild data
    3 untick top click ok
    4 check year start date

Sorry to pinch your thread Harry, but had anyone actually ever done this? I'm always wary of a message that says use with caution ! :001_smile:
  • PAMDILLPAMDILL Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 715
    I did it once in line 50 when I had made a mess of opening balances - worked okay.
    Yeah i use it on instant when starting a new year without opening balances but want to keep the same suppliers without having to redo
    harryb wrote: »
    birlliant thanks guys ....

A-Vic: where you say untick top, what do you mean by that? what is it that im unticking?

Thanks

Harry

its just clearing all invoices entered
  • StarSStarS New Member Registered Posts: 14
    i agree. i use this function quite a lot, it's very useful if you want to start from Inv no 1 but keep all the customers, suppliers, and product code... etc
  • IanIan Feels At Home Registered Posts: 83
    You must be careful though. I work in a company which does not allow anyone to use maintenance. We have to 'back out' entries manually. Having disagreed with this for a long time it is actually much easier and I would never now think to use maintenance again! If you need advice just shout!