FRA - Yay!!!! It's over!!!

Options

Comments

• lauradwkns
    lauradwkns Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    ok, i make it 8pm now.
    Everything balanced for me...but....i know that i messed up the depreciation calculation, for some really dumb reason i did reducing balance and not straight line. i showed all my workings and carried it through to the TB, which like i said did balance, would this still be considered a fail on section 1?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    CJC77 wrote: »
    woo hoo - 8 o'clock!

Well, my ETB had a net profit igure of £19,300 - I have spoken to some people who had £20k due to the disposal being put in the bank - but I seem to remember it said it was already in the bank, just not the ledgers........

i still used the bank as we had to despose the asset
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    ok put the wine down and step away lol:lol:

tee hee! :lol:
  • lv9783
    lv9783 Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thats what i thought but then couldnt figure out where the double entry would go??
    so put 700 to bank and got 20k net profit
  • mel3321
    mel3321 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Ref disposal and the £700 how would the adjustments balanced without the posting of £700 to bank? I got profit of 20K
  • alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Well i got £19000 for profit in section 2 ?!
  • wastewe
    wastewe Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    There it is, have stuffed it up completely, got a loss on my ETB, but everything else balanced and answered everything. I agree about appropriation, its where I fell down on my first attempt. Am doomed I tell you, doomed :crying:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    1 my tb didnt balance
    2 what was with 2.1 ????
    3, did i mention annoying cough guy
    4 rent prepayment i had at 2000 as it said payment starting 1st october????

i will be back with more
  • lv9783
    Options
    what did you put for cost figure and closing stock?
  • CJC77
    CJC77 Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Luckily, I am slightly OCD when it comes to disposals, so I have every T account neatly shown for my workings - I included a bank T account in my workings, so maybe the assessor will just think I was being a bit of a muppet for a brief moment in time.:lol:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Luckily, I am slightly OCD when it comes to disposals, so I have every T account neatly shown for my workings - I included a bank T account in my workings, so maybe the assessor will just think I was being a bit of a muppet for a brief moment in time.:lol:

so i got something for the wrong reason wooohooo lol

o

5 i threw in a suspence account as my tb didnt balance was i right to do that? put a note at bottom of the page
  • alicemaylara
    Options
    i got £12000 for the value of closing stock
  • square-peg
    Options
    2 what was with 2.1 ????

remind me......... :confused1:
  • wastewe
    Options
    Closing stock 12,000 - check
  • mel3321
    mel3321 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    lv9783 wrote: »
    what did you put for cost figure and closing stock?

I got £12000 for the cost of stock and closing stock had to be the same as lower of cost and net realisable bla bla bla
  • alicemaylara
    Options
    yeah that disposal was a bit confusing with the bank, i took it tht it had to be ajusted for in the bank and ledger,

Dr Bank
    Cr Disposal

Took me a while to realise it was a bank overdraft!
  • lv9783
    Options
    i got 12000 too phew
  • CJC77
    Options
    In reference to questions 2.1 and its subsequent journal that we had to do - did anyone else think it was odd that we were being told that 'a credit has been entered into the SLC account instead of the purchase account'....Since when do we put a credit in the purchase account? I always thought that was what the Purchase returns book was for.............?

I still did the journal with the puchase account though, as it mentioned that account in two different questions, so I thought best to roll with it!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    square-peg wrote: »
    remind me......... :confused1:

the sales ledger bit on first part of section two i ot toally lost on that, it looked like a journal question but not to be put as a journal
  • westendlad
    westendlad Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i got £12000 for the value of closing stock

was that the markup ? How did you do that ?

MT TB balanced but although that figure may be wrong, it doesn't effect the balance, so I shouldn't lose much on one calculation.

I think I've failed on section 2 though.
  • wastewe
    Options
    Oh and suspense account of1700 for TB, was wondering whether if second guys current account of 850 was supposed to be a debit balance so put some pencilled questions next to that on perforated sheet, can't hurt!!!
  • square-peg
    Options
    i threw in a suspence account as my tb didnt balance was i right to do that? put a note at bottom of the page

yeah, that's the best thing to do if you can't get it to balance, as it shows you know how to handle it when it happens in the 'real world'. should gain you a mark, even though your figures were incorrect.
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    What was the rent figure, it threw me.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    lv9783 wrote: »
    i got 12000 too phew

o gawd i so sucked in this exam
  • alicemaylara
    Options
    the sales ledger bit on first part of section two i ot toally lost on that, it looked like a journal question but not to be put as a journal

I thought it said purchase ledger control account at first until i saw there wasnt tht on the TB :S i think i just get nervous and make stupid mistakes!
  • sazzle01
    sazzle01 Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think i might have the same cause my balance sheet column was £875 ( I think) out and it was the Bank figure so i just left it and then it all added i think
  • wastewe
    Options
    I had 8450 for the year and 2000 prepayment re rent?
  • westendlad
    westendlad Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    In reference to questions 2.1 and its subsequent journal that we had to do - did anyone else think it was odd that we were being told that 'a credit has been entered into the SLC account instead of the purchase account'....Since when do we put a credit in the purchase account? I always thought that was what the Purchase returns book was for.............?

I still did the journal with the puchase account though, as it mentioned that account in two different questions, so I thought best to roll with it!

yes I thought that, but I tried to make 3652 into 3500 and couldn't reconcile the 3 figures which were 188, 90 and 130
  • CJC77
    Options
    Sales came to £19,800. The mark-up was 65% which meant the cost was 165%, therefore.....

19,800 / 165 = 120 x 100 = 12000

Voila!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    jow774 wrote: »
    What was the rent figure, it threw me.

i had accrual 650 b/f (prepayment 2000) then add bank payment

but it took me a few looks as i was used to spliting the payment for prepayment
Privacy Policy