Possible to manage FRA & ECR at the same time?

Options
StarS
StarS Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
I am finishing foundation. Now thinking about next level. I sort of want to do fast track on Intermediate. And the result shows me only Kaplan has Block booking. If i could manage two units same time so i will complete them in June next year. Could it be very hard? I did PLB with my local college two nights a week. I found it very tiring after working all day.
I am very curious that the block booking seems to finish one unit within a week? IS it enough?
Please do give me some ideas and suggestions.
I don't know which way to go.
Thank you.

Comments

• DaveIOW
    DaveIOW Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    StarS wrote: »
    I am finishing foundation. Now thinking about next level. I sort of want to do fast track on Intermediate. And the result shows me only Kaplan has Block booking. If i could manage two units same time so i will complete them in June next year. Could it be very hard? I did PLB with my local college two nights a week. I found it very tiring after working all day.
    I am very curious that the block booking seems to finish one unit within a week? IS it enough?
    Thank you.

Depends on you, its possible. I started FRA in September then ECR at the beginning of November and sat both this week..admittedly I dont know how I have done, but apart from 1 question there was nothing I hadnt learnt in the previous months...it was just remembering it at that time!

I bought £89 of books from BPP and that was it, again depends how you learn, I found if I was stuck then a re-read of a chapter would do the trick if not put your question into google & you can usually find the answer.

If you have the will power & determination to study hard then I would say go for it. Good luck
  • mickeymacca
    mickeymacca Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    StarS wrote: »
    Thank you.

Its more than manageable, although with the skills tests needed to be completed as well is it necessary? If so, I would definitely recommend distance learning, as you can go at your own pace and most courses have good tutor support that you can talk to anytime, unlike in a college where your competing with other students for the lecturers attention. Also there is always someone on this forum to give you a pointer if you need it. It will also be cheaper by this method.
    Good luck,
  • laurad
    laurad Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    if your tired from studying 2 nights a week doing foundation i would say your gonna struggle doing both FRA and ECR at the same time. thats a LOT of work

not saying its impossible but i personally wouldnt advise it
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I did FRA, ECR and PRAR in one go along with having to submit Helath & Safety & Computer simulations as well as my previous submissions were counted as being out of date.

They were all done distance learning, i did the 3 simulations earlier in the year then stuck into FRA and ECR to sit the 2 simulations in one sitting in September then the 2 exams this week.

It was hard work but manageable.
  • carrieclarke2001
    carrieclarke2001 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    yes go for it. I did both in June I work full time have 2 children and never passed a exam in my life. I attened Kaplan 2 nights a week.

However I was worn out after it a promised myself I would never do 2 papers at once again. I also found that my weakest paper was ECR so I just took the MAC exam in Dec as it is the follow on from ECR ( get the hardest out the way).
    Really glad I did that and felt confident. I also know that if I have failed it I could still do DFS and do a retake of the MAC in the summer.

Hope that helps
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    after doing FRA id recommend at least ten hours a week to study for exam then times that by 2 if doing both
  • ketteringlad
    ketteringlad Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    two at a time
    DaveIOW wrote: »
    Depends on you, its possible. I started FRA in September then ECR at the beginning of November and sat both this week..admittedly I dont know how I have done, but apart from 1 question there was nothing I hadnt learnt in the previous months...it was just remembering it at that time!

I bought £89 of books from BPP and that was it, again depends how you learn, I found if I was stuck then a re-read of a chapter would do the trick if not put your question into google & you can usually find the answer.

If you have the will power & determination to study hard then I would say go for it. Good luck

i would agree wholeheartedly with dave here,i bought £20 of books through e-bay,and took fra this week(feel pretty sure that i passed)u really dont have to spend a fortune on going to college\distance learning.

Having said that,several years ago i attended northampton college and took what was then par and mcv (under the old scheme)in the term from sept to dec,and passed both,so u can do it...

good luck in whatever u decide to do..
  • Kathy Henderson
    Kathy Henderson Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I started foundation in feb this year and carried on too intermediate in sept, seemed to have coped with a baby and being pregnant again !! if you got the time to put in (evenings) in my case its not too bad but ECR did take a while to get my head around. Saying that i havent passed yet still have to wait till mid feb for results.
  • spurschic1@yahoo.com
    spurschic1@yahoo.com Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hiya,

I started FRA in April 08 and then did ECR in June 08 through Premier Training. It was hard work but they gave me deadlines to stick to and that included the Skills Tests. I sat both exams last week, my 1st in 10 years!

Go for it! You can always postpone one till Dec 09 if you need to.

Vicky
    :001_smile:
  • Muhadin
    Muhadin Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Aat3

Anyone starting on Feb 09 Fasttrak intermediate level have good approtunity than those started Sep 08, because you have 18 wks if you start Feb while I had only 10wks when I started Sep 08.
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    My college has just completed Unit 7 (PRR?), and we're about to start 6 (ECR?) in January, having been doing 5(FRA? - I can never remember these acronyms...) since September. Unit 5 Skills test in March, unit 6 skills test in May and exams in June. Plus two IAB Level 3 Payroll exams.
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Why do some places do the exam out of order?
    I did Unit 5 first, then Unit 6, next is Unit 7 in February. Surely it's less confusing that way.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Units 5, 6 & 7 don't relate to each other so it does not really matter what order you sit them.
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Good point well put.
    :thumbup1:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    PAMDILL wrote: »
    Units 5, 6 & 7 don't relate to each other so it does not really matter what order you sit them.

Plus depends if your NVQ Deploma and even home study
Privacy Policy