Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Ratios: What are these?

BCDBCD New MemberRegistered Posts: 5
I'm starting the level 2 of the AAT and have been told that in our first lesson, we will be doing 'ratios'. What can I expect?:001_tt2:

Comments

• mark057mark057 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 354
    Ratios are mathematical equations, which provide data which can be used to make business decisions.

Wait till you get to techinian level because you have to work out loads of them and analyse the results of your calculations.

It's all fun though.
  • KashmirKashmir New Member Registered Posts: 8
    Thats put me off progressing my studies, I'm completing foundation and my pet hate is ratios so to hear about having to do loads of them at Technician doesn't make me very happy!

Wonder if I should just leave it at foundation level and save myself the stress! :001_smile:
  • mark057mark057 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 354
    Don't be daft haha.

You don't need to quit because of the ratios. To be honest there are a few to learn at Technician level when studying for the DFS paper, but they are not very hard if you just apply yourself and learn them properly.

I'm far from any sort of Maths expert and I managed to get through them.

You just have to work hard and practice like mad.

Mark
  • speegsspeegs Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 854
    Hi Kashmir

Please don't quit just because of ratios. I am dislexic and was terrible at maths at school, but I still past all my AAT exams on their first attempts. The ratios you have to learn are REALLY EASY. Also, in your exams you are normally only asked to calculate 4 or 5 of them. Another thing is that you can even get the ratio wrong but as long as you can explain what your answers means you would still pass. Obviously if you got every ratio wrong the AAT might not pass you.

But honestly, they are really simple and remember that if you are ever stuck on anything just give a shout out on the forums and there is always someone who knows the answer out there. Also, if you want some extra help with ratios and what the results of ratios are telling you you can private mesage (PM) me and I will try to help.

There are many people of this forum like me who are more than happy to help whenever they can.

Give me a shout if you need a hand.

Speegs:thumbup1: