Advice on External Candidates

Becks38Becks38 New MemberPosts: 5Registered
am a little bit stuck!
I registered for the BPP homestudy package unit 30 a coupla years ago and for reasons you would be bored with I did not touch it for some time, anyhoo I found buying the package a waste of time as I never used the support and the course and revision companion was enough, I also bought their unit 31 but just the course and revision companion.
My thing now is that I have registered with AAT and want to sit some exams but I am not registered with BPP now because I bought the package so long ago, and I can't seem to find anyone that will take me in as an external candidate, well I think so as I phoned BPP several times and everytime I get someone telling me someone will call back and nobody ever does :(
Anyhoo anyone know of anyone that takes on external candidates in the York/Leeds area and what does this involve? Do I have to buy stuff off them to register and do they charge for the privalage?
I just want to sit some exams!
R x

Comments

• jow774jow774 Trusted Regular Posts: 465Registered
    I did exactly the same thing but I am with kaplan. They allowed me to pay a deferral fee to them so I can carry on with the course. I take my exams as an external candidate at the local college. For simulations (which I assume unit 30 is, Im on NVQ) you do need a provider so I would ask BPP if they do a similar deferral scheme to enable you to do the simulations at their once of their centres. There may even be a form in the back of your student handbook which you can send in.
  • liammccayliammccay Just Joined Posts: 1Registered
    Hi there,

I am in a similar situation. I got the BPP course companion/ revision companion and passcards for units 30 and 31 off the internet thinking I could just work through them myself and sit the exams.

Looking further on these forums, it seem I did not take the simulations into account.

Does anyone know if it is possible to sit the exam without being registered with a distance learning company as it seems a bit of a waste of money when you can do it yourself?

Also is there anyway to do the simulations outwith a distance learning course.

Cheers

Liam
  • taskeytaskey Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 1,800Registered
    i am with BPP , homestudy and have been doing the course for so long now, I am still on BPP's books and i have to pay for my simulations to be marked now. i pay £60 per simulation. for the exams i just book them myself. my boss is my supervisor for my simulations, he phones up BPP and request the simulation. i then pay for it myself either by cheque or by card over the phone.

the person i have been dealing with at BPP is sadiya Khan. let me know if you want her email address.

hope this helps.