Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Any courses i can do to run along side the AAT

steveJsteveJ Experienced MentorRegistered Posts: 694
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knew of any courses worthwhile doing alongside my AAT ?
Im currently doing the ECDL should be finished soon. As i dont work in an accounting environment, anything to bolster my c.v would really help.

I looking to do the ACCA after AAT so any courses o help with that would also be good.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:thumbup1:

Comments

• Gem7321Gem7321 Experienced Mentor DevonMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,438
    It really depends on what you want to do. I've heard the ATT course is very worthwhile (equivalent to AAT but tax) but it may be a heavy workload to complete this and AAT at the same time.
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    steveJ wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knew of any courses worthwhile doing alongside my AAT ?
    Im currently doing the ECDL should be finished soon. As i dont work in an accounting environment, anything to bolster my c.v would really help.

I looking to do the ACCA after AAT so any courses o help with that would also be good.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:thumbup1:

Hi Steve

What is it you would like to do once you have completed your studies (i know what would seem a daft question)
  • steveJsteveJ Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 694
    I would love to finally start my own practice. But i would also like to spend a few years on the square mile. Work for one of the top 4 if that helps...lol...
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    steveJ wrote: »
    I would love to finally start my own practice. But i would also like to spend a few years on the square mile. Work for one of the top 4 if that helps...lol...

Well id advise try to get working in finance as soon as possible, mybe try volentry work for local council - but like gem i wouldn't advise another course on top as this is pretty heavy going.

Good luck with your studies and please feel free to pm at anytime :001_smile:
  • Sonny_LSonny_L Well-Known Registered Posts: 201
    I wouldn't recommend ATT until after AAT. You may not meet entry requirements at the moment and it is considerably tougher than AAT level 4.

I would just focus 100% on gettin that finance role rather than overloading yourself with study. The 'Big 4' have an amazing reputation and serious CV market value so do a bit of research into what they look for and approach them? Worst they can do is tell you to **** off.