Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

AAT Fast track

SusieandspookySusieandspooky New MemberRegistered Posts: 10
I'm just about half way through the foundation level and have heard people talking about doing the fast track. Has anyone done this and did they find it worth doing, also how much does it cost and what is the timescale?
Thankyou
:001_smile:

Comments

• rachy1975rachy1975 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 366
    hi, im doin fast track.
    Foundation level was fine. 18 weeks to complete but i finished and passed it in 12.
    intermediate is quite a bit harder. 18 weeks again which im struggling with. Would prob be fine if you have an accountancy job or experience but coming from someone who has neither i must admit im gettin a bit worried about the exams in june now as we havnt covered everything. Saying that though i think it is down to the tutor. my foundation tutor was very fast but on intermediate the tutor is a lot slower :mad2:
  • SusieandspookySusieandspooky New Member Registered Posts: 10
    To Rachy1975
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'm also in the same boat as you with no previous accounting experience, i think i will make my mind up once i've got through my first exam.
    Good luck to you and thanks for the advice
  • speckled_00speckled_00 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 21
    Fast Track

Hi,
    I've just seen your post about fast track for the aat. Who do you do this with? I'm interested but not heard of it. I'm just about to do my Foundation Exam in a couple of weeks, but would be interested to do the intermediate.
    Thanks in advance!! :001_tongue:
    Hi,
    I've just seen your post about fast track for the aat. Who do you do this with? I'm interested but not heard of it. I'm just about to do my Foundation Exam in a couple of weeks, but would be interested to do the intermediate.
    Thanks in advance!! :001_tongue:

i do it with my local college - City of bristol college
    Its a year long course, 18 weeks on foundation and then 18 on intermediate.
  • speckled_00speckled_00 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 21
    Thanks! I haven't even heard of that, I might have a look into if any colleges near me would offer it. :001_smile:
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    i do it with my local college - City of bristol college
    Its a year long course, 18 weeks on foundation and then 18 on intermediate.

How often a week do you go in college?
    A-Vic wrote: »
    How often a week do you go in college?

on foundation it was 2 1/2 days, intermediate it is 3 days a week....im so glad i did it fast track, think i would of quit if it took a year to do foundation.
    it has been hard goin and i also dont work so have the time to put the hours in at home
  • donnaalwilldonnaalwill Well-Known Registered Posts: 116
    I haven't heard of the fast track, I think its similar to what I am doing at Kaplan though? Maybe I am doing it and don't realise it! I am doing ECR & FRA, started in March, 13 weeks of tuition for FRA (evening class 5.45-8.15), and 3 tuition lessons of ECR (weekend 9.30-4.30), then a revision weekend for each and now exams next week. So all completed in about 14 weeks? (except for PRAR which comes after the exams). Is there much difference in content?
    I haven't heard of the fast track, I think its similar to what I am doing at Kaplan though? Maybe I am doing it and don't realise it! I am doing ECR & FRA, started in March, 13 weeks of tuition for FRA (evening class 5.45-8.15), and 3 tuition lessons of ECR (weekend 9.30-4.30), then a revision weekend for each and now exams next week. So all completed in about 14 weeks? (except for PRAR which comes after the exams). Is there much difference in content?

not sure....the fast track is 18 weeks....in this you cover units 5,6 and 7 and take a skills test for each of them...and then the ecr and fra exams too...
  • jersey789jersey789 Just Joined Registered Posts: 1
    Fast Track yr2

Im currently finishing up on my 1st year Fast Track & agree if they'd make it take a year id of got very bored, but you say the 2nd year is going very fast without learning enough do you think it would be better to do NVQ3 over a year???
  • Ell1eEll1e Feels At Home Registered Posts: 26
    I got really bored in the 1st year so managed to do it as a fast track and I have done the 2nd year as a fast track (as a previous reply from donnaawil in the 14 weeks) I have found this a good pace to do it all at and feel I would have got bored again if I had spread it over the year.

If you got bored with the first year I would see there being no problem with you completed a fast track level 3.
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492

Same boat as me. Never heard anything about fast track.. but i'm with Kaplan doing the same 2 exams as you. All skills tests & Simulations are done and complete before exams start.
  • Cariann65Cariann65 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 19
    I did level 2 and 3 fast track at City of Bristol too. Didn't have any problems with 2 although 3 needed abit more work at home to get through it. I was lucky as work paid for me to do them and we're quite happy to let me have 3 days off a week for a year.

I am going back to do level 4 starting in September, although for my sins am now doing Payroll 2 and 3 through Premier Training too as Bristol don't offer it.

See you next week if you are on the Unit 10 induction Rachy!

Sue
    Cariann65 wrote: »
    I did level 2 and 3 fast track at City of Bristol too. Didn't have any problems with 2 although 3 needed abit more work at home to get through it. I was lucky as work paid for me to do them and we're quite happy to let me have 3 days off a week for a year.

I am going back to do level 4 starting in September, although for my sins am now doing Payroll 2 and 3 through Premier Training too as Bristol don't offer it.

See you next week if you are on the Unit 10 induction Rachy!

Sue

im not on there..which site are you doin it at?? im at Soundwell, will be doin technician on a tues day...when are you doin it??
  • Cariann65Cariann65 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 19
    Ahh, I did mine at College Green. Our Level 4 is a Thursday I believe, but no doubt I will find out next week.
  • steveJsteveJ Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 694
    Is there any way of doing fastrack via distance learning ??