Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Is Kaplan Financial OK??

joanna1984joanna1984 Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 1
Hi
I am doing distance learning via Home Learning College (certifiate)....and it's rubbish!!! I am considering starting my next level with Kaplan Financial... are they any better??

Comments

• jow774jow774 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 465
    Hi,

Im with Kaplan and they are good. They get your simulations back to you in reasonable time, even at busy times they arent too long. They answer your emails relatively quickly (usually next day or sometimes sooner but depends on the query). The people I have dealt with on the phone are helpful, some of them really helpful. I find their reading materials easy to understand and they are thorough.

I would recommend them, although I havent tried Home Learning College so I cant compare the two.
  • MWAUGH1983MWAUGH1983 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 420
    I am with kaplan and I can only say they are and they arent good. The are a private outfit so money is the priority and not the student. I would say the level of mistakes in their books and class material is unprofessional - typos I can live with put their quality assurance needs to be looked at! For a company which is meant to have a good image well they should try better!! My e-mails of late have never been answered; I had to take an enforced break and when I contact them they dont reply. I have e-mailed about the deadline for the portfolio and assignments and also to have my sims sent out or made available for collection and I am still waiting for a reply to these queries which were asked in may and I believe these are important for my completion of foundation - the course admin is a joke and part of her job is answering student queries. My tutor apologises for delays but it still isnt acceptable in my view.

I am in the process of changing to another provider and think I may choose eagle as they seem decent and cheap. If you are getting this paid by an employer than go wherever and Im sure that kaplan would treat students better if they are getting send their by an employer as its all about relations which equal money!!
  • PAMDILLPAMDILL Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 716
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    I am with kaplan and I can only say they are and they arent good. The are a private outfit so money is the priority and not the student. I would say the level of mistakes in their books and class material is unprofessional - typos I can live with put their quality assurance needs to be looked at! For a company which is meant to have a good image well they should try better!! My e-mails of late have never been answered; I had to take an enforced break and when I contact them they dont reply. I have e-mailed about the deadline for the portfolio and assignments and also to have my sims sent out or made available for collection and I am still waiting for a reply to these queries which were asked in may and I believe these are important for my completion of foundation - the course admin is a joke and part of her job is answering student queries. My tutor apologises for delays but it still isnt acceptable in my view.

I am in the process of changing to another provider and think I may choose eagle as they seem decent and cheap. If you are getting this paid by an employer than go wherever and Im sure that kaplan would treat students better if they are getting send their by an employer as its all about relations which equal money!!
    I was with Kaplan for Intermediate and I started Technician level with them as I had found a helpful tutor at Kaplan at last who was replying to me quickly. However I found out she was leaving on the 12th of June for Maternity Leave. Before I had managed to track her down i had found Kaplan hopeless at coming back to me with answers. In fact for my Unit 6 & 5 simulations it had taken best part of 2 months to get them marked.

I have now moved to Eagle for the rest of technician level as I did not want to struggle through Unit 10 with Kaplan and they are like chalk and cheese. I could not recommend them enough
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    I know it's not distance learning but i am with Kaplan evening study.. They quite good at coming back to me with answers the queries etc but there material has many mistakes in it..
  • zainabzainab Feels At Home Registered Posts: 31
    what is Kaplan??

:confused1::confused1:

is it an Institute or University!!??
    :001_huh:
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    It's a training centre.. also write the books for distance learning :)
  • zainabzainab Feels At Home Registered Posts: 31
    AK002 wrote: »
    It's a training centre.. also write the books for distance learning :)

Thanks dear for replying :001_rolleyes: