Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

complete

MWAUGH1983MWAUGH1983 Trusted RegularRegistered Posts: 420
In order to get the foundation certifucate does the health and safety and APE sims and also the portfolio have to be complete?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    Portfolio has to be complete, there is one for every level.

H&S and APE can be carried forward if i remember rightly, although I did Foundation at Kaplan and it was centre policy to complete APE & H&S in Foudation, so it may be different where you are.
  • MWAUGH1983MWAUGH1983 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 420
    AK002 wrote: »
    Portfolio has to be complete, there is one for every level.

H&S and APE can be carried forward if i remember rightly, although I did Foundation at Kaplan and it was centre policy to complete APE & H&S in Foudation, so it may be different where you are.

would it have to be complete in order to carry on to intermediate with another provider/

Cheers
    Martin
    No mate, i think you can complete APE & H&S in intermediate, although tbh i would prefer to have it done in foundation as intermediate is a bit harder.. phone the other providers and ask if you can do them in intermediate.
  • MWAUGH1983MWAUGH1983 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 420
    AK002 wrote: »
    No mate, i think you can complete APE & H&S in intermediate, although tbh i would prefer to have it done in foundation as intermediate is a bit harder.. phone the other providers and ask if you can do them in intermediate.

thanks - but I was mainly talking about the portfolio; would the aat need it to be complete before starting intermediate?
    The portfolio, yes.
  • CJCCJC Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,657
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    thanks - but I was mainly talking about the portfolio; would the aat need it to be complete before starting intermediate?
    The AAT have no concern with this, admissions policy for each level is down to individual colleges.

Without a complete portfolio you won't get a foundation certificate but I can't imagine not completing APE/H&S will stop you moving onto Intermediate as long as you've passed the exam and skills tests. After all, most, if not all, colleges will admit people with suitable experience or qualifications onto Intermediate without taking Foundation at all.