Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Intermediate completed in 6 months

Leanneburton8Leanneburton8 Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 4
Hi All

I have recently finished my Foundation and will be starting Intermediate in September. I have been told that i can complete Intermediate in 6 months. Has anyone done this in 6 months and was it tough going? I am training at Kaplan.

Thanks

Comments

• IlseIlse New Member Registered Posts: 7
    you can do it in 6 months, at my college it is the fast track and they are in college 3 days a week and then they sit the exams in december. I am not doing the fast track, i do day release which suits my needs better.
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    I was at Kaplan and sat both intermediate exams in June.

It's is more than achievable imo.
  • cs_1988cs_1988 Well-Known Registered Posts: 231
    Yeah Defo,

I did it by home study in 6 months, and to be honest, i didnt start it untill early may so two months!
  • cs_1988cs_1988 Well-Known Registered Posts: 231
    Added on Above!

I would not reccomend that though, very very late nights leading to exams!!! :thumbdown:
  • rachy1975rachy1975 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 366
    did it fast track and completed it in 15 weeks...more than achievable......
  • LeeS2009LeeS2009 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,515
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    did it fast track and completed it in 15 weeks...more than achievable......

provided you can get the time off work :thumbup1:
  • buttersbutters New Member Registered Posts: 10
    is this something only kaplin do or is it more a case of you being ready for exams in june by just getting the work done quickly whichever teaching route you take, thanks
  • GreenMouseyGreenMousey Well-Known Registered Posts: 154
    Hey,

I'm thinking about leaving college to do it via distance learning because it's just going so slowly for me and I feel I could do things quicker.

I'm looking at Kaplan at the moment, do they have a list of exam centres anywhere (Our local college doesn't take external students) and would I be able to do the sims at work under supervision of the Accountant?

Thanks

Mouse x
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    Hey,

I'm thinking about leaving college to do it via distance learning because it's just going so slowly for me and I feel I could do things quicker.

I'm looking at Kaplan at the moment, do they have a list of exam centres anywhere (Our local college doesn't take external students) and would I be able to do the sims at work under supervision of the Accountant?

Thanks

Mouse x

Unless you are doing lots at once i don't see the advantage of this? The exams are set times Dec & June, so if you at the start its longer till the exam..

This is all IMO of course.