Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

unit 23 help

inq80inq80 Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 15
Hi,

Is anyone able to answer a query for me?

I'm doing the distant learning course through kaplan and really not getting anywhere with the advice their giving me...

I did the first 4 units no problems but when i came to units 21, 22 & 23 i had to ring up for advice of what they actually wanted me to produce.

The first 3-4 phone calls no one really explained it properly ( i still havent got a clue what a "range statement" is ) so i wasted 2 weeks getting loads of documents from my work which weren't neccessary. I finally got one of the tutors who advised that in the pack they sent out was a booklet for each unit called "WBE guidelines". they contained questions which if you answer correctly will cover all the evidence you need to pass ( why didnt any of the other people know this!? ).

Thought this was great and spent the last week working through the packs and nearly finished them. However i've got a problem with one of the questions.

It asks "who do you agree these needs with and how?" the preceeding questions are talking about personal career goals so can only assume this one is doing the same, so, the answer would be myself? - which makes it a pretty pointless question.

am i reading this wrong? i just rang the distant learning for advice and they start talking about the evidence need and range statements again. very fustrating.

Comments

• BluewednesdayBluewednesday Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,624
    You would normally agree these needs with your line manager at your annual appraisal I would have thought.
  • inq80inq80 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 15
    that's what i dont get - it asking about personal career goals. i wouldnt discuss this with any of my managers.

i thought it was asking about work related as well but the questions about your targets relating to your job start at question 7 - this one is question 4
  • ToffeemadblueToffeemadblue Well-Known Registered Posts: 102
    The idea here is to demonstrate that you understand your own organisational culture, have assessed your requirements (for career development) and know how to progress those requirements within your workplace.
  • inq80inq80 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 15
    thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately i'm still stumped as to what to put as my career goal and targets are currently all set to get out of my current job and industry and into accountancy.

im sure my boss would love to hear that?