Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Help

Beautiful_boboBeautiful_bobo Well-KnownRegistered Posts: 106
I am trying to find the June 09 exam paper for PLB (Foundation). But no Joy. I must be looking in the wrong area. Also when will we get the answers.

:001_smile:

Comments

• john.carter14john.carter14 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 22
    You need to have logged onto MyAAT

right in the centre of the page there is the Study Zone
    at the bottom in GREEN click "qualification page"
    Click on the Foundation tab
    Scroll down to Unit 3 (exam) click to open
    Here you have access to all previous exams (Q&A's)
  • aasmitchaasmitch Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    need some help on journals

HI can anyone help me?????

Unfortunatley i failed my june exam( long story ) but anyway going in for it again in the next 2 weeks and im sat here trying to get journals into my had, dont understand them at all, can someone pleae help or explain them for me

001_unsure:
  • RichardRichard Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 373
    A journal is simply moving an amount from one account to another, either to adjustment an amount or to correct an error.

For example, if telephone charges had been debited to travelling expenses in error, you would debit telephone charges (as this is where the charge belongs) and credit travelling expenses to reduce the charge as it will be too high.

Or a journal could be used during the stages of the payroll, ie debit wages, credit the wages control account, then you would journal the PAYE due from the wage control account (DR) onto the PAYE liability account (CR), etc etc.
  • GreenMouseyGreenMousey Well-Known Registered Posts: 154
    aasmitch wrote: »
    HI can anyone help me?????

Unfortunatley i failed my june exam( long story ) but anyway going in for it again in the next 2 weeks and im sat here trying to get journals into my had, dont understand them at all, can someone pleae help or explain them for me

001_unsure:

Journals are just a way of recording what transactions you're going to do in the ledgers, so instead of putting the details in a t-account you're just writing down what you're going to do. (You usually post the entries to the t-accounts after posting the journal).

Mouse x