Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Achieving personal effectiveness

I've been putting this simulation off for a while, due to a family tragedy and not being able to concentrate on it, but the deadline is nearly up now.
I'm struggling with some of it, as i don't work in a finance related position, and can't seem to find the information i need.
How can i find out what organisational procedures and regulatory requirements affect work priorities?
Also how do i find out what routine tasks need to be done first, when i have no experience in this line of work.
Its starting to cause me alot of stress, which i really don't need right now, i need to be strong for my family.
Please help
:crying:

Comments

• mikesmikes Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 254
    Hi Susie,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I've had a look on the website for the guidelines about this.

some of the points they mention is that this unit is assessed by a skills test, which can be done at an approved centre, by using a case study or a simulation ie they provide you with the information required and you need to sort out what is relevent to each answer. The following point is taken from the guidelines;

"Centres should note that students could be assessed as competent in this unit without necessarily being employed in an accounting environment. Evidence could be collected from almost any workplace or voluntary occupation, knowledge and understanding".

For your points; Organisational procedures, you can write about account timetables such as the month end and year end accounts have to be done by a certain date each time and the annual reports have to be logged with companies house. VAT returns to be sent to HMRC, Payment runs to be done on time etc.

Routine tasks - this can be about planning your day, such as are there anything which has to be done that day and cannot wait, that would be your first task, then maybe dealing with any outstanding queries, sorting out the days post and any ad hoc duties.

Hope it goes ok for you.
  • LeeS2009LeeS2009 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,515
    I've been putting this simulation off for a while, due to a family tragedy and not being able to concentrate on it, but the deadline is nearly up now.
    I'm struggling with some of it, as i don't work in a finance related position, and can't seem to find the information i need.
    How can i find out what organisational procedures and regulatory requirements affect work priorities?
    Also how do i find out what routine tasks need to be done first, when i have no experience in this line of work.
    Its starting to cause me alot of stress, which i really don't need right now, i need to be strong for my family.
    Please help
    :crying:

Hi Susie, listen I had to do this last year and its the most mind numbing boring thing i have ever done. Please believe me when I tell you that you are over complicating this in your head by a mile. If you do the skills test where they provide you with a work scenario, its very detailed and dont forget you take orders from "your boss" in the scenario....who pretty much makes it obvious what the most important tasks are to be done enabling you to prioritise them....it also gave a scenario where i had to cover someone elses work as well as my own, and Susie.....lets just say there is only so much 1 person can do as its supposed to be a realistic simulation....help is obviously needed by people who are qualified to do the work...even if they are over qualified???:thumbup1:
    Hey Susie dont stress about this honestly....it just aint worth it...even if it was a difficult paper and you failed...so what??? its just a skills test....but trust me you will read the paper and laugh at yourself for getting yourself into such a mess over it. You'll fly it honestly hun......save your worrying for something worthy of it. :thumbup::thumbup:
    Good luck - think of me when you laugh at yourself during the test ok!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: