Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Haven't Got A Clue...or have I?

Hiya folks...totally new to all this, think I'm doing ok then I come on here and be totally baffled with all your postings. I have not long started the diploma pathway, distant learning with Kaplan and so far am only on chapter 13 of unit 30. I am currently in full time employment for a pharmaceutical company but our site is closing and we all face redundancy in the next 2 years. I am hoping that by doing this course it will give me better chance of getting a good job when my number is called. I am finding it very lonely as I have no contact with anyone. Advice would be brilliant for all areas please. I don't know how often I should contact a tutor, is it only when I'm stuck or can I ring them at any time? Will they even ring back? Got no idea. Not wanted to sound like a total dimwit but can anyone else you is doing distant learning and is abit further on than myself let me know how they have got on.:confused1:

Comments

• speegsspeegs Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 854
    Hi JackieNut

Where are you based? Do you need a mentor?

I am not a tutor and I am not qualified as one, but I am a qualified MAAT, a member in practice, and I am also the Student Liaison Officer and Mentor for the North West London AAT Branch committee, and I am happy to help and offer assistance (if I know the answers) when students are stuck or just need to hear a friendly voice.

Let me know by sending me a private message via this forum.

Speegs :thumbup:
  • LeeS2009LeeS2009 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,515
    speegs wrote: »
    Hi JackieNut

Where are you based? Do you need a mentor?

I am not a tutor and I am not qualified as one, but I am a qualified MAAT, a member in practice, and I am also the Student Liaison Officer and Mentor for the North West London AAT Branch committee, and I am happy to help and offer assistance (if I know the answers) when students are stuck or just need to hear a friendly voice.

Let me know by sending me a private message via this forum.

Speegs :thumbup:

and not only that jackie, but there are loads of helpful people on these forums, they are all fantastic and knowledgable on a wide range of areas, i am sure that as well as speegs....there will be many people on here who will be able to help you. :thumbup1:
  • JackieNutJackieNut New Member Registered Posts: 8
    Wicked Lee, many thanks. I'm on lunch at the minute so haven't got long on here. I'm feeling better already...much more positive that I'm doing the right thing. Haven't looked at any kind of accounts since school which was a looonnng time ago lol. The reason I decided to do it now is the company I work for give everyone a retraining grant and when searching the net for SAP jobs the ones I kept finding local all had finance attached so hopefully that is my route. I'm safe in work for at least 1 more year so have to try and get as much done with the diploma as I possibly can.
  • LeeS2009LeeS2009 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,515
    JackieNut wrote: »
    Wicked Lee, many thanks. I'm on lunch at the minute so haven't got long on here. I'm feeling better already...much more positive that I'm doing the right thing. Haven't looked at any kind of accounts since school which was a looonnng time ago lol. The reason I decided to do it now is the company I work for give everyone a retraining grant and when searching the net for SAP jobs the ones I kept finding local all had finance attached so hopefully that is my route. I'm safe in work for at least 1 more year so have to try and get as much done with the diploma as I possibly can.

you will do fine jackie, things have a way of working out, and like speegs said, if you have any problems...consult the wise and the wonderful...and sometimes crazy people on the forum :lol::lol: good luck hun, you will be fine :thumbup:
  • Rebecca498Rebecca498 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 33
    Hi Jackie,

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in how you're feeling. Im a complete newbie to all this, literally only got all my course materials through the other day! Your chapter 13 seems like a lifetime away to me.

Good luck with everything :001_smile:

Rebecca
  • AndypandyAndypandy Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 526
    Welcome to the club JackieNut! We've got some fantastic folks who (& plenty who are long qualified) still come on here regularly to help us out/ offer moral support/ have a bit of a laugh. As the saying goes "Everybody's in the s***, it's just the depth that varies."