Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

AAT Membership Number

NnelilanNnelilan Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 19
Hi,

I'm starting NVQ 2 @ a local college tomorrow. I've received no joining instructions or other correspondence from the college so I contacted them and they told me to tun up at 9.30am for induction...fair enough :)

However, I've just been browsing their web site and came across the following message :

STUDENTS MUST BECOME MEMBERS OF THE AAT AND ENTER THE EXAM BYTHE END OF SEPTEMBER.

I'm guessing they will asign me an AAT membership number to allow me to join?

So that gives me 8 days to register and join?

Thanks.

Comments

• katie2008katie2008 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 294
    Hi,

You will only need to be registered by the end of September if you are sitting the PLB/IAC exam in DECEMBER rather than JUNE. If your starting level 2, I wouldnt worry too much.

Sitting the exam later on can give you more time to practice!

Although if you really want to sit the exam in December, register online yourself, rather than wait for the forms from your college!

Good luck,

Katie
  • NnelilanNnelilan Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 19
    Thanks for the very quick reply and for the explanation :)

Guess I will wait until June...more time to practice!

Cheers,
    Dave
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    If you are starting college soon then i'd assume it's for learning for the December exam.

Get on to your college again and ask if they have registered you as a student yet. Have you paid a registration fee for AAT?

If not ask what you need to do to register as a student.
  • NeilHNeilH Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 547
    Hi

If I read that on a college's website, I would assume the college was informing me that I needed to register with the AAT myself as a student - I'd contact them ASAP.

If they want you to be prepared for the exam in December, it's probably best to sticj with their timetable as there may be other commitments come June.

Neil
    AK002 wrote: »
    If you are starting college soon then i'd assume it's for learning for the December exam.

Get on to your college again and ask if they have registered you as a student yet. Have you paid a registration fee for AAT?

If not ask what you need to do to register as a student.

No AAT fee paid, just the college fees

I'll be asking them tomorrow.

NeilH wrote: »
    Hi

If I read that on a college's website, I would assume the college was informing me that I needed to register with the AAT myself as a student - I'd contact them ASAP.

If they want you to be prepared for the exam in December, it's probably best to sticj with their timetable as there may be other commitments come June.

Neil

I'll be quizing them tomorrow...luckily I've ben preparing for the course in advance...thanks :)
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    Nnelilan wrote: »
    No AAT fee paid, just the college fees

I'll be asking them tomorrow.

I think it will be you exam entry registration then..
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    Not sure if it is the same with your college but at ours if your full-time NVQ they do all the exam entries and reg for you
    Sorted....exam in December and I've registered :)

Thanks for your help