Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

New here

returntripreturntrip Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 3
Hi everyone, new to the forum been doing the Foundation Certificate course via distance learning since around July, I'm on Chapter 15 at the moment but I'm looking to take my exam in December so I need to get some more work done. I think as long as I get into a routine and keep doing it every day I should be okay though. I'm finding the work not too bad it is difficult to find the motivation sometimes though. I would like to start searching for jobs as I am finishing a job now what kind of jobs could I be applying for now and what kind of jobs could I be applying for when I have the full AAT qualification as I have done a search for Accounting Technician jobs and can't seem to find any anywhere?

Comments

• blobbyhblobbyh Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,415
    Any job will depend on your previous accounting experience (if you have any) but upon completion of the Foundation Level, you could try applying for sales/purchase ledger or bank clerk roles. It may not be much more than processing invoices or receipts and payments at this stage but could be a great stepping stone into the higher functions of ledger based roles depending on the size of your employer.

Once you've completed Technician and where you go from there studywise and/or jobwise, well the world's your oyster but don't expect employers to be queing up for you just because you've become a MAAT: it's a tough world out there and you have to have more up your sleeve than a qualification. But at least you've made a first positive step and are on the right track so good luck...!
  • returntripreturntrip Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice, I knew that getting the qualification wouldn't guarantee me a job but I heard that it was very useful so I am going to get it just to give me more of a chnace. Thanks for the encouragement :)